Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Encarnacion got his first walk as a Blue Jay yesterday; Roenike 13.50 ERA

Encarnacion got his first walk as a Blue Jay yesterday; Roenike 13.50 ERA

Yes it took that long. He's batting a cool .191 with a .204 OBP.

Also Josh Roenicke has been getting shelled, giving up 5 ER's in 3.1 IP.

As for Zach Stewart he gave up 4 hits and 1 ER in 0.1 IP his last outing. Overall, that's only his first, but has given up 6 hits in 3 IP.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Encarnacion got his first walk as a Blue Jay yesterday; Roenike 13.50 ERA

Oh well now everything has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Oh well now everything has changed.
    Don't worry, if they both keep playing like this, we can get them back when they get DFA'ed.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    Don't worry, if they both keep playing like this, we can get them back when they get DFA'ed.
    we can both play this game if you really want to.

What is Edwin's problem? I thought he was so happy to get out of Cincinnati that he would be motivated to put up some numbers. There must be a bit of an adjustment to a new league. He probably hasn't faced most of those pitchers much.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    What is Edwin's problem? I thought he was so happy to get out of Cincinnati that he would be motivated to put up some numbers. There must be a bit of an adjustment to a new league. He probably hasn't faced most of those pitchers much.
    Of course, Edwin always has an excuse for why he's going to be good in the future, sounds all too familiar

Old Red Guard Reject

How's Scott Rolen been doing the last few games?
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    How's Scott Rolen been doing the last few games?
    come on now...what happened to rolen was a) not his fault and b) not something that should be taken lightly

this season is lost, if they have to shut down rolen for the year, so be it. you can be upset about the trade, but faulting him for not playing with a head injury is just foolish.

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    come on now...what happened to rolen was a) not his fault and b) not something that should be taken lightly

this season is lost, if they have to shut down rolen for the year, so be it. you can be upset about the trade, but faulting him for not playing with a head injury is just foolish.
    Picking out a few games worth of stats and judging the trade by that is just as foolish. I was being sarcastic, Louisville Cards wasn't.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Schnickelfritz

True, but we're talking about the same group of people who were posting every Josh Hamilton stat when Volquez was slipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    Picking out a few games worth of stats and judging the trade by that is just as foolish. I was being sarcastic, Louisville Cards wasn't.
    I'm not the one who over exaggerated the trade to ridiculous proportions. Saying, one of the worst trades in franchise history, worst all time period. Those people drama queened it up, I'm just responding with statistics so far.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    That, or he just isn't all that good of a hitter. Who knows though, maybe the Blue Jays work with him and turn him around. But chances are, the Blue Jays never wanted him all that bad in the first place.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I hated to lose Roenicke and Stewart, even though I was in favor of the trade when it was made and remain so today. But I do not and will not miss Edwin.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I did see him make a nice stop the other night, and get this...wait for it....a throw to first base from his knees-and hit the glove (yes, of the first baseman)!!!!!!
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I, also, wish we hadn't let go of Stewart and Roenicke. However, Edwin was not, and is not a very good ball player. He is a decent player that everyone has been saying will be good for years, but he has not shown me anything to make me think he will ever be a star. Face it, he isn't the player some make him out to be.

Turn Off Ads?