Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The writers are even turning on Dusty now.

The writers are even turning on Dusty now.

As if Fays story yesterday wasnt enough, other writers are getting in on the action.

Hal Mccoy yesterday
    http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs...cxtype=feedbot

“I talk to the players about all this, but as manager I don’t have to talk to anybody about anything,” Baker said. “It’s just I’ve always done as a manager. As a player you always like to know why things were done.:

Uh, well, OK. Is it really that complicated. I’m no manager (my card expired in 1982), but it just doesn’t seem THAT complicated, especially when you’re 156 games under .500 and 14 games out of first place on August 15.
    Fay today on his blog after the game
    http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com
    What a way to lose a game.

The Reds were leading 4-3 in the eighth. Nick Masset got an out to start the inning.

Dusty Baker brought in Arthur Rhodes to face Adam Dunn to get left-on-left matchup.

Rhodes hit Dunn with the first pitch.

So much for the percentages. Rhodeswould have to face righties the rest of the inning.

Go get em boys!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The writers are even turning on Dusty now.

Theres plenty of room on "Straight out of town" Express.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

So easy to sit back and point out things like this. Arthur Rhodes has probably been a better pitcher against Righties than Nick Massett if I were to guess this year? + there was a lefty that has the pop to tie the game at the plate, along with a tendency to strike out agains a tough left hander, but they're right, that move was totally stupid.

Took 'em long enough, dusty should have been fired last year. Worst manager in the bigs.

When we first hired Dusty, I didn't think it was a bad hire. Wow, have things changed. How has this guy been the only guy to win a playoff series with Chicago in 100 years, was a blown inning away from a World Series with that team, another blown inning away from winning the World Series with the Giants, and a 3 time manager of the year.

I don't get it, maybe on teams already built for success who just need a players manager, he can succeed. I don't see why he continues to put the two worst possible players and has the worst two players statistically batting #1 and #2 in the order EVERY TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    When we first hired Dusty, I didn't think it was a bad hire. Wow, have things changed. How has this guy been the only guy to win a playoff series with Chicago in 100 years, was a blown inning away from a World Series with that team, another blown inning away from winning the World Series with the Giants, and a 3 time manager of the year.

I don't get it, maybe on teams already built for success who just need a players manager, he can succeed. I don't see why he continues to put the two worst possible players and has the worst two players statistically batting #1 and #2 in the order EVERY TIME.
    Steroids played a big part in dusty's success.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Steroids played a big part in dusty's success.
    Eh, thats a copout to say it was just because of Bonds. I mean in 1993 he turned around the Giants and they won 31 more games than the previous year. It's not like the guy has had bad years constantly as a manager, its just he doesn't exactly make a team like the Reds better. With how crappy the roster is, he just makes it worse with some of his moves.

He's a players manager, and for some teams thats all thats needed. On teams with a lot of primma donnas he could do well. If he was the manager for the BoSox while Manny was there, I'm sure he could have probably found a way to smooth it over.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

“I talk to the players about all this, but as manager I don’t have to talk to anybody about anything,” Baker said.

Read: "I have neither the time nor the mental capacity to explain my managerial strategy."

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    “I talk to the players about all this, but as manager I don’t have to talk to anybody about anything,” Baker said.

Read: "I have neither the time nor the mental capacity to explain my managerial strategy."
    Bakermetrics is college-level material, dude.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Bakermetrics is college-level material, dude.
    Over my head, for sure.

Good.

Im so glad hal mccoy is retiring its just 15 years too late he is an idoit

Quote Originally Posted by edogg07 View Post
    Im so glad hal mccoy is retiring its just 15 years too late he is an idoit
    yes, an "idoit." no duobt.

Turn Off Ads?