Turn Off Ads?

Thread: TV Notice-Aflac All-American Classic on FSN Now (Bryce Harper playing)

TV Notice-Aflac All-American Classic on FSN Now (Bryce Harper playing)

First pitch in a few minutes.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: TV Notice-Aflac All-American Classic on FSN Now (Bryce Harper playing)

Cool thanks for this...really curious to see this kid.

Bryce looks good in Red.....The reds need to lose out...

After Bryce nailing the guy at second....I stand by my case that the Reds need to lose out
    Last edited by redhawk61; 08-16-2009 at 08:17 PM.

Jesus, that kids got a canon and SUPER fast to 2nd (Harper). Wow.

Id kill for the reds to be that bad. They need a minor miracle though.

Both of these starters have dang good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Id kill for the reds to be that bad. They need a minor miracle though.
    Not too much of a miracle. Only smallish. They're only out 4 games of 2nd to last and 7.5 games of last. Washington would almost certainly take Harper if they remain last (and have the first two picks because of Strasburg). But that's OK because that would mean the Reds' consolation prize to missing out on Harper would be Strasburg. I could live with that consolation.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Not too much of a miracle. Only smallish. They're only out 4 games of 2nd to last and 7.5 games of last. Washington would almost certainly take Harper if they remain last (and have the first two picks because of Strasburg). But that's OK because that would mean the Reds' consolation prize to missing out on Harper would be Strasburg. I could live with that consolation.
    Yea they need to tank badly either way and if they dont tank hard enough to finish last they have to hope Strasburg doesnt sign. that being said id take Harper of Strasburg with out a doubt though.

Anyone see Bryce Harper on E:60? He seems to be a level headed kid who expects more from himself than anyone else expects. Said he wants to be the best player to ever play the game and his ultimate goal in the Hall-of-Fame... TANK IT REDLEGS!!! BRYCE HARPER IS THE NEXT JOHNNY BENCH!!

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Yea they need to tank badly either way and if they dont tank hard enough to finish last they have to hope Strasburg doesnt sign. that being said id take Harper of Strasburg with out a doubt though.
    Because hitters are more reliable, and because Harper won't cost as much, I agree wholeheartedly about him being a preference.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Because hitters are more reliable, and because Harper won't cost as much, I agree wholeheartedly about him being a preference.
    Well yea I just trust Harpers future because he plays so many positions. If he doesnt stay at catcher he could be a CFer, if that doesnt work he still has a chance to be a pitcher. Its just across the board more versatile.

Man, I'd love to see that kid behind the plate as a Red. I jnow he can playseverak spots, but he looks pretty polished for a 16yo behind the plate and that bat projects well for a catcher. His ability to play other positions would be a good way to give him a break from the wear and tear once in a while.

Well I agree with what everyone is saying except I don't ever want to see Bryce Harper on the mound. He projects to be a GG caliber catcher. I watched the whole game with him behind the plate, he blocks the ball well, has a CANNON and fields his position well. His swing has only maybe 2 holes in it and that can be fixed quickly. His swing can sometimes get long and it has an uppercut to it but nothing a year or two in the minors can fix.

Turn Off Ads?