Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GCL Reds

GCL Reds

As many of you know, the GCL season begins tomorrow at noon. I'm looking forward to following that team. They will be very raw but very talented and incredibly athletic with Yorman Rodriguez in CF, Juan Duran in RF, and Billy Hamilton at SS. After Juan Silva signs he'll probably play left field. Carter Morrison, the athletic OFer from Canada will probably play some outfield too.

LF Juan Silva/Carter Morrison
    CF Yorman Rodriguez
    RF Juan Duran
    3B ?
    SS Billy Hamilton
    2B Deven Marrero/Stephen Perez (if they sign)
    1B Donald Lutz
    C Tucker Barnhart

There should be some interesting arms too with Tyler Cline, Daniel Tuttle, and Ismael Guillon among others.

The roster hasn't been released yet but hopefully they'll get it up soon.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 06-22-2009 at 08:53 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: GCL Reds

That will be a fascinating team to follow.

Yep, it's too bad they won't be televised. There should be some fun baseball down there.

Is Cline definitely staying in Sarasota? I was hoping he would be in Billings.

What about Junior Arias?
    Go BLUE!!!

Pretty sure I've seen Junior Arias

on the box scores for the Dominician Reds Summer League team. Didn't do much early, but was hitting close to the Mendoza line at last check.

What can we expect out of Y-Rod and Duran this year? They are both still young for this level correct? Should we expect them to struggle a bit?

I'm expecting somewhere between a 220-240 BA with some pop and speed totals. Duran will BB more and Rodriguez will probably hit with a slightly higher average.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    What can we expect out of Y-Rod and Duran this year? They are both still young for this level correct? Should we expect them to struggle a bit?
    I expect a roller coaster type ride with its ups and downs for both guys. I would say that I expect both guys to keep their heads above water in the .700-.750 OPS range.

hypothetical...if Duran absolutely kills it and moves up the ranks in a few years...do the Reds trade Bruce and replace him with Duran or do they keep Bruce and trade Duran?

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    hypothetical...if Duran absolutely kills it and moves up the ranks in a few years...do the Reds trade Bruce and replace him with Duran or do they keep Bruce and trade Duran?
    Could they keep both?

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Could they keep both?
    Duran-Yorman/Stubbs-Bruce
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

i think it will most likely be Duran/Yorman/Bruce.... wow imagine this lineup in 4-6 years:

C Trade/Draft Pick/Surprise Internally
    1B Joey Votto
    2B Neftali Soto
    3B Juan Francisco
    SS Brandon Phillips (i think eventually he has to move to SS with out shortcomings in the minors at SS unless we can grab a GREAT SS in the draft)
    LF Juan Duran
    CF Yorman Rodriguez
    RF Jay Bruce

Rotation:
    Cueto
    Volquez
    Bailey
    Stewart
    Wood

Only position of need really is catcher and that can be fixed via trade, draft, someone surprises us in our system... i would use yonder alonso next season as trade bait to get a young catcher like jesus montero of the yankees or someone like that
    Last edited by travisgrimes; 06-23-2009 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by travisgrimes View Post
    i think it will most likely be Duran/Yorman/Bruce.... wow imagine this lineup in 4-6 years:

1B Joey Votto
    2B Neftali Soto
    3B Juan Francisco
    SS Brandon Phillips (i think eventually he has to move to SS with out shortcomings in the minors at SS unless we can grab a GREAT SS in the draft)
    LF Juan Duran
    CF Yorman Rodriguez
    RF Jay Bruce

Rotation:
    Cueto
    Volquez
    Bailey
    Stewart
    Wood

Only position of need really is catcher and that can be fixed via trade, draft, someone surprises us in our system... i would use yonder alonso next season as trade bait to get a young catcher like jesus montero of the yankees or someone like that
    I would put Soto at 3B and leave Phillips at 2B (if he is still here), pencil Cozart in at SS and use Frazier as a supersub. I also think Sulbaran makes this rotation (but not quite sure as to who he would replace). As for catcher I think we will see an in house surprise (or a Mesoraco surge) and Hanigan continue to man a roster spot.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by travisgrimes View Post

1B Joey Votto
    2B Neftali Soto
    3B Juan Francisco
    LF Juan Duran
    CF Yorman Rodriguez
    RF Jay Bruce

Rotation:
    Cueto
    Volquez
    Bailey
    Stewart
    Wood

Soto can't play 2B and the odds are very much against Juan Francisco playing 3B. Phillips won't be moving from 2B. And Montero isn't a catcher anymore than Todd Frazier or Adam Rosales is a shortstop. Sure, someone let them play there in the minors for a while, but its not something thats going to continue into the majors.

Turn Off Ads?