Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: paintmered

Re: paintmered

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Update #3:

The salvage process for my apartment is now complete. They were able to pull my Orbea road bicycle out. It's dirty, but otherwise okay. My golf clubs however, are under a giant pile of rubble. So I get to add a new set of sticks to the shopping list.

On that note, I need some assistance from all of you. I have an absolutely massive shopping list and I'll need to go to a number of locations to replace all my furniture, electronics, clothes, etc.. If there are any stores that you have good experiences with, or have an in with that would be willing to cut me a deal, please let me know. Saving some money here and there will go a long way.

Thanks again for all the well wishes. I'll be back on my feet soon enough.
    If you are going to be buying a lot of furniture, it might be better to rent a truck for a few days and haul it home yourself. Might be cheaper than paying multiple delivery fees.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    If you are going to be buying a lot of furniture, it might be better to rent a truck for a few days and haul it home yourself. Might be cheaper than paying multiple delivery fees.
    Alternatively, a lot of furniture stores will waive the delivery fee if it means the difference between making a sale or not.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

OT for a sec, THIS is what it takes to get creek14 to post?

come back creek, Redszone needs you.

paint, my sympathies. if you get this and need anything, PM me. I'd be happy to organize donations of clothing or money to get you and yours up and running again.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Alternatively, a lot of furniture stores will waive the delivery fee if it means the difference between making a sale or not.
    Or you can PM me and I can transport things home for you. A whole lot cheaper than the delivery fee. I'm usually home on weekends.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

as far as retail appliances, electronics, etc. I've always had my best luck at HH Gregg. They willingly negotiate, too.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Quote Originally Posted by LawFive View Post
    as far as retail appliances, electronics, etc. I've always had my best luck at HH Gregg. They willingly negotiate, too.
    I stopped by there yesterday. I found an associate and rattled off the laundry list of items I needed to buy and then asked him, "Can you work me a deal?". Shockingly, they were interested in my business.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Or you can PM me and I can transport things home for you. A whole lot cheaper than the delivery fee. I'm usually home on weekends.
    Even better!
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Just seeing this. Glad everyone is/was safe and that you had insurance. Just remember, it's just 'stuff'.

Glad you're ok, relatively speaking!

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I'm just now seeing this too and I'm glad to hear that you're all right. You might want to check out TJ Maxx if you have one near you because they usually have some good deals on clothes and other random things you might need for your new place.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

I stopped by there yesterday. I found an associate and rattled off the laundry list of items I needed to buy and then asked him, "Can you work me a deal?". Shockingly, they were interested in my business.
    In this economy, most will work a deal with you. When we were shopping for appliances 3 years ago we told Lowes, Sears, and other outlets what we looking at buying and if they'd swing us a deal if we bought multiple units?

Don't be afraid to play hardball with any of them Craig. Make'em give you their best, bottom dollar offer or "threaten" to walk/shop around. Put the pressure on them, not yourself. You'll find that they'll deal with you.

And we ended up getting a solid deal from Lowes.

We just bought a new washer from Sears. We got a bottom line Kenmore for $300. We then purchased their 5 yr "bumper to bumper" warranty for $140. So for $440 we got a washer that if anything at all goes wrong with it - and I do mean anything - they have to come to my house and either fix it or replace the washer. They also have to come out to the house once a year and do a service on it and check it out for free.

Sears has far better service agreements then Lowes and the other guys IMO.
    Last edited by GAC; 08-21-2009 at 05:18 PM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Woah. That's awful man. I actually saw the smoke from the fire when I was getting out of my car to walk into L A Fitness. I didn't realize you lived in there!

Hang in there man. If you need any help moving anything in/around, let me know since I live like 3 miles from you.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

We took our annual summer trip up to Yellow Springs and drove by the apartment on the highway. Pretty bad looking and again, glad you and all of your neighbors made it out safely.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Hang in there, Paint.

This will all be over in a few months, and you'll have bunch of new stuff to boot.

Gotta look on the bright side.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Update #3:

On that note, I need some assistance from all of you. I have an absolutely massive shopping list and I'll need to go to a number of locations to replace all my furniture, electronics, clothes, etc..
    I would check slickdeals.net for your electronics. http://forums.slickdeals.net/forumdi...ost&order=desc

If you are a patient sort, you can find all sorts of great deals over time. Research what you want, then watch, be ready to jump on deals quickly if you see them. Read the thread a bit before you buy anything and you'll be ok.

I love this site, but it's not for everyone.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    We took our annual summer trip up to Yellow Springs and drove by the apartment on the highway. Pretty bad looking and again, glad you and all of your neighbors made it out safely.

You see some good is coming out of this. Paint's home is now a tourist attraction. Paint, you need to start selling some merchadise on the side of the road. Flaiming Hot Dogs and Cokes for $7.00. TShirt 5 for $20.

Turn Off Ads?