Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you trade Chris Heisey for....

Would you trade Chris Heisey for....

Or Stubbs if the White Sox preferred him to replace DeWayne Wise instead of Heisey....

....and include EE and Harang for Beckham? Would that be enough to get Beckham, as EE could even DH some and Heisey/Stubbs would be good prospects, and the right-handed Harang would balance out their L-L-R-L Top-4 starters?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Would you trade Chris Heisey for....

Good question. So Heisey/Stubbs, EE, and Harang for Beckham. I think I'd do it just to get rid of Harang's salary and just get rid of Edwin.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Id rather just play Todd Frazier at 3B and keep my talent.

thorn

Too much IMO so no. I would do Harang and have them pick one of the others but not 3 players.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Id rather just play Todd Frazier at 3B and keep my talent.
    Pretty sure the idea would be to play Beckham at SS.

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Then I would rather play Cozart at SS since he can actually play there.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Then I would rather play Cozart at SS since he can actually play there.
    So can Beckham and he'll give you something with the bat, too. That's why the Blue Jays want to trade Halliday for him...to play SS (not 3B.) That's why Ozzie Guillen said he has no problem playing him at SS (as well as 2B and 3B) so long as he can get him in the lineup. You know, because he "can't play there."

But the Reds, last in the league in batting, would be better off with Zach Cozart.

Of course, for blind FO supporters, it's mighty convenient if you can convince everybody that he "can't play there," because then nobody can say we should've taken Beckham instead of Alonso (which we should have.)
    Last edited by kpresidente; 07-21-2009 at 10:22 PM.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

If Beckham could play SS he would be playing there and we would have drafted him.

Trading Heisey/Stubbs plus EE plus Harang would be trading a ton of talent for a guy we can likely replace from the minor leagues from our best organizational depth position.

Just a horrible trade.

So can Beckham and he'll give you something with the bat, too. That's why the Blue Jays want to trade Halliday for him...to play SS (not 3B.) That's why Ozzie Guillen said he has no problem playing him at SS (as well as 2B and 3B) so long as he can get him in the lineup. You know, because he "can't play there."

But the Reds, last in the league in batting, would be better off with Zach Cozart.

Of course, for blind FO supporters, it's mighty convenient if you can convince everybody that he "can't play there," because then nobody can say we should've taken Beckham instead of Alonso (which we should have.)
    Beckham isn't a shortstop. Someone might let him play SS, but he won't be a good fielder there. It has nothing to do with our front office and everything to do with the majority of talent evaluators who say he can't play shortstop defensively at the major league level.

all those guys mentioned should be traded for an proven major league all star

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    If Beckham could play SS he would be playing there and we would have drafted him.

Trading Heisey/Stubbs plus EE plus Harang would be trading a ton of talent for a guy we can likely replace from the minor leagues from our best organizational depth position.

Just a horrible trade.
    Don't the White Sox have a pretty good young SS? That may be the biggest reason that Beckham isn't playing SS.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post

if Tim Lincecum had any future, we'd have drafted him as well.

Reds would have a much better team now and a brighter future had they drafted Beckham. So it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    if Tim Lincecum had any future, we'd have drafted him as well.

Reds would have a much better team now and a brighter future had they drafted Beckham. So it goes.
    You may be right about Beckham. But if the Reds drafted him he would be at AA.

I like Todd Fraziers future at 3rd much more than I like Beckhams.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    if the Reds drafted him he would be at AA.
    Reds fans are conditioned for defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I like Todd Fraziers future at 3rd much more than I like Beckhams.
    major league numbers on one side of scale, AA numbers on the other... does not look good for Todd.

Wait-- let me pour two quarts of Kool-Aid on the AA side. There-- you're right. Todd Frazier rocks.

Turn Off Ads?