Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Drew Stubbs... Recalled?

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Re: Drew Stubbs... Recalled?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    What would be the point in platooning him? Its not like he has some massive splits or something.
    Since the season is lost, Stubbs could get some practice against RHP, and Dickerson could get some practice against LHP. Historically, Stubbs' numbers vs. lefties/righties aren't much different, so a platoon wouldn't really make much sense with him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ctrent just confirmed Stubbs is in Cincy.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Since the season is lost, Stubbs could get some practice against RHP, and Dickerson could get some practice against LHP. Historically, Stubbs' numbers vs. lefties/righties aren't much different, so a platoon wouldn't really make much sense with him.
    I worry about Redszone
    2015, baby!

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    I worry about Redszone
    You know I was joking, right?

From Reds Twitter: Reds Lineup Drew Stubbs CF Janish SS Votto 1B Phillips 2B Gomes RF Balentien LF Rosales 3B Harang C Arroyo P
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Dusty cant resist at least getting one bad hitter up in the 1st inning. Guy freaking kills me man.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    From Reds Twitter: Reds Lineup Drew Stubbs CF Janish SS Votto 1B Phillips 2B Gomes RF Balentien LF Rosales 3B Harang C Arroyo P
    That would be something to see
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    That would be something to see
    LOL - I just cut and pasted it, I didn't even see that.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

So with Stubbs up for what looks like the rest of the season... (a 15 day DL for WT would bring him back in Sept) Does that mean they shift Heisley to CF and bring Frazier up to man LF for the rest of Louisvilles season and Playoffs?

Heisey is obviously going to be getting a lot more time in CF but who really knows with Frazier. They seem to be really wanting him to play 2nd right now.

Do you folks think Stubbs is the right choice to call up now or do you think it should be Heisey?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Do you folks think Stubbs is the right choice to call up now or do you think it should be Heisey?
    Nobody knows but everyone will voice their opinion. Only time will tell.
    Heisey has seemed to cool down and is not setting the world on fire like a month ago plus Stubbs wins in the glove department.

I am just happy to see one of the guys get a shot to hopefully answer some questions.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    Nobody knows but everyone will voice their opinion. Only time will tell.
    Heisey has seemed to cool down and is not setting the world on fire like a month ago plus Stubbs wins in the glove department.

I am just happy to see one of the guys get a shot to hopefully answer some questions.
    I'm not sure what I would do, but if the "speed and defense" mantra is still in effect for the franchise after so many losses, Stubbs should always be the guy. OTOH, if they had changed that slogan recently to "power and production", Heisey would probably be the guy.
    "I’ll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. That’s just how I do things.” -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I'm not sure what I would do, but if the "speed and defense" mantra is still in effect for the franchise after so many losses, Stubbs should always be the guy. OTOH, if they had changed that slogan recently to "power and production", Heisey would probably be the guy.
    I don't think that is a fair statement. Reds fans hear speed and think back to the dreck we saw for the last two years. Stubbs should get a fair shot because he is his own player, not some washed up under producing has been.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Players on the 40 man roster are "recalled," if they're not on the 40 man, then their contract is purchased from the minor league club. Here's a bit from Rob Neyer's explanations:

http://assets.espn.go.com/mlb/s/tran...onsprimer.html
    To add to this further...

When you are added to the 40-man roster (or "reserved" by the club), you are technically using an option that season. So you must technically "assign" the player on optional assignment to put him in AAA (or AA or whatever). Thereby, when you call someone up, you are technically "recalling" him by assignment.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?