Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Drew Stubbs called up and starting in CF tonight

Drew Stubbs called up and starting in CF tonight

Reds Twitter has the line up confirming for sure now what others were reporting

http://twitter.com/CincinnatiReds

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Drew Stubbs called up and starting in CF tonight

Harang is Catching huh?

Quote Originally Posted by TracyJonesFan View Post
    Harang is Catching huh?
    I didnt catch it but you would think John Fay was filling out the twitter.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I've always thought Harang's future was behind the dish.

Great news on Stubbs.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Great for Drew, but more importantly, I sure hope this is the beggining

of the end for Wily T. I know we'll eat some $$ next season, but he's got to go, along with his poor attitude.

Re: Great for Drew, but more importantly, I sure hope this is the beggining

Quote Originally Posted by mac624 View Post
    of the end for Wily T. I know we'll eat some $$ next season, but he's got to go, along with his poor attitude.
    id love for willy t to be gone, still dont think its happening. bob,walt,dusty have to much pride, wont swallow it and admit they made a mistake in giving him that much money.

We only had 39 men on the 40 man btw so no players had to be moved around.

Stubbs will play CF and bat leadoff (or is that being redundant?).

Some players get called up/acquired (especially young players) and Dusty says you can't throw them to the wolves. Too much pressure. Got to break them in slowly. Others get thrust directly into the fire.
    I am skimming through Bakermetrics for Dummies (or is that being redundant?) to see if there are any sub-rules that govern the various situations.

BTW, Congratulations to Drew Stubbs. If you OPS .600 the rest of the year it is an improvement over Willy (a bruised ego can send you to the DL) Taveras.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post

Some players get called up/acquired (especially young players) and Dusty says you can't throw them to the wolves. Too much pressure. Got to break them in slowly. Others get thrust directly into the fire.
    I am skimming through Bakermetrics for Dummies (or is that being redundant?) to see if there are any sub-rules that govern the various situations.

BTW, Congratulations to Drew Stubbs. If you OPS .600 the rest of the year it is an improvement over Willy (a bruised ego can send you to the DL) Taveras.
    Did the same thing to Bruce when he was called up.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post

CF leads off, dude.

bakermetrics doesnt take a back seat for rookies

Resident PED Expert

Yeah they had yet to replace Weathers on the 40 man so it made it easier to promote Stubbs. I am a bit optimistic though this is more than a trial. By the time WT returns the AAA season will be over so there won't be any place to rehab. I expect Stubbs to make at least 2 or 3 unreal catches or throws and OBP about .330... It would be hard for Baker to justify sitting him in favor of WT. I think the FO is trying to get a read on Stubbs. Is he capible of hitting ML pitching? Can he maintain his high OBP? We might actualy see an outfield of Balentien, Stubbs and Bruce the last 2 weeks or so of the season...

Plus if all they wanted was a warm body to fill the bench they could have recalled McDonald without using any options or service time on Stubbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I've always thought Harang's future was behind the dish.
    LOL

September call-ups in August. I like it.

Just looked at the lineup for tonight. Stubbs (first game in the majors) CF batting first. Janish (.289 OBP) SS batting second. In other news the sun came up this morning.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Dickerson gets screwed. Again.

Turn Off Ads?