Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the :bowrofl: smiley is exactly what I did when I read the latest from McCoy

the :bowrofl: smiley is exactly what I did when I read the latest from McCoy

Pinch-hitter Freddie Lewis hit a ball to dead center. As he has done so often this year, center fielder Willy Taveras broke poorly on the ball, running laterally to his left before realizing the ball was over his head. It fell for a double.

He doesn’t get on base. When he does he doesn’t steal when it is needed. He was brought in to be a leadoff hitter and couldn’t do it and is now batting second. And he is below average in the field. What can Taveras do? He has a nice stereo set in the clubhouse that plays loud, headache-inducing salsa music.

And holy cahooties. Taveras just hit a ground ball to the mound and trotted toward first base. Didn’t run. Jogged. Stopped before he got to the bag. Manager Dusty Baker immediately yanked him from the lineup, replacing him with Laynce Nix.

The Reds later announced that Taveras has a strained right quadriceps muscle. I don’t question the injury, but it was awfully convenient
    As far as I’m concerned, and many other fans are concerned, Taveras can rot on the bench the rest of the season. I’ve seen nothing to merit the millions the Reds have flushed down the toilet when they brought this guy in.
    Seriously I love the new McCoy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: the :bowrofl: smiley is exactly what I did when I read the latest from McCoy

I want a Tavares Jersey.

Re: the :bowrofl: smiley is exactly what I did when I read the latest from McCoy

I want a Willy Taveras mask.

Its about time Duhhhsty did something like this to someone. Too bad its about half a season too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Stat geek...and proud

I hope Hal finds a way to blog on his own next year. He doesn't have to toe the company line (and by that I mean the DDN, not so much the Reds) next year, and he's got enough friends to still have connections.

Maybe someone ought to introduce him to A) Twitter, B) Facebook, C) Myspace and see which one he likes the best . I like this free wielding Hal.
    Last edited by Slyder; 08-19-2009 at 02:49 AM.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I think Taveras was using PEDs prior to this season

He has a lot of injuries this season and his production has been abysmal

I want Taveras' 2010 contract. 4 million for that crap a year after paying 3 million for Patterson. And I have a strong suspicion that Dusty went directly to Bob "You guys will know when we are out of it before I will" Castellini to get those two signed. One year of CP and two years of WT and this franchised has wasted nearly 10 million dollars in CF.

Willy Taveras is the "Anti-Clogger". And Dusty Baker is "Instant Dumber". No clogs to see here, folks, move along.

But, Holy Cahooties is he fast!!!

LOL I have to laugh to keep from crying and thinking about the fact that Willy T. will probably get about 500 PA next year.

Fire Dusty Now!
    Last edited by texasdave; 08-19-2009 at 09:32 AM.

Straight talk. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    I want a Tavares Jersey.
    I want a Hal jersey!!!

Thanks, Hal...you said what Redszone has been screaming.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Fire Dusty Now!
    Ain't gonna happen.

Castellini has just spoken ex cathedra.

Said he's gonna shove Toothpick hard, somewhere we all gonna need a good surgeon to extract.

Said he won't be happy till Reds fans show Toothpick the same appreciation Cubs fans shower him with whenever he returns to Wrigley.
    Last edited by malcontent; 08-19-2009 at 01:18 PM.

nm

I've always said, in these cases blame the GM. The Walt gave Dusty an asset to misuse, and Dusty has done just that.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKlu View Post
    I've always said, in these cases blame the GM. The Walt gave Dusty an asset to misuse, and Dusty has done just that.
    Which was predictable considering the Corey Patterson experiment.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by BigKlu View Post
    Except maybe Walt didn't give Dusty an asset to misuse. If Dusty circumvented Walt and appealed directly to Castellini then what can WJ do? And the pattern with Patterson and now Taveras suggests as much.
    Aside from trying to talk Castellini out of it, there isn't much else Jockerty can do. If the owner wants Player X then the GM better do his best to get Player X on the roster. And once Player X is on the roster Bakermetrics kicks in and Willy T. is playing a whole bunch of (god-awful) centerfield.

Turn Off Ads?