Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Anyone else going to PNC Park this weekend?

Anyone else going to PNC Park this weekend?

I go to alot of the Reds vs. Pirates games, but can anyone point me to THE best place to get autographs/photos? Where is the players' entrance outside the park? As many times as I've been there, I've never noticed where that area is.

Also, just on a side note, if anyone is making their first ever trip to PNC Park, and you need some general advice, I can lend a hand and answer questions.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone else going to PNC Park this weekend?

Me and my son are making our first trip to PNC on Friday. This will be the first time I've been to a ball park outside of Cincy.

A couple of questions.

1. Where to park. Easy in, easy out. Do you know of a particular lot that is good? We will be coming and leaving to the South.

2. Any must have food item at PNC?

3. Silly question but we'll be wearing Reds gear, is this safe to do there?

Thanks for the offer to ask questions. Any info would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
    Me and my son are making our first trip to PNC on Friday. This will be the first time I've been to a ball park outside of Cincy.

A couple of questions.

1. Where to park. Easy in, easy out. Do you know of a particular lot that is good? We will be coming and leaving to the South.

2. Any must have food item at PNC?

3. Silly question but we'll be wearing Reds gear, is this safe to do there?

Thanks for the offer to ask questions. Any info would be appreciated.

--There is parking right outside the stadium for $10, but it can be pretty tricky getting out. Right across the Roberto Clemente bridge (which is the one right beyond the outfield), there is a parking garage which you can get into for only $5. From there, you just walk across the bridge to get to the park.

--Primanti Bros/Quaker Steak and Lube are Pittsburgh staples. Overall, the food at the ballpark is excellent. There is a big food court located down the third base line

--Pirates fans really aren't in a position to heckle anyone. You should be fine in your Reds gear.

Thanks for the info...

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    --Pirates fans really aren't in a position to heckle anyone. You should be fine in your Reds gear.
    Ha ha, I guess a paper bag would be in order for either team. Oh well, should be a good time. I've heard it's a nice place to take in a ball game.

I second the recommendation on parking across the river and only paying $5. Here is a link to parking in Pittsburgh. The Ft. Duquesne and Sixth Street garage is the one you want. Friday is dollar dog night too.

http://www.downtownpittsburgh.com/parking

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

whoops wrong thread
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo View Post
    The Ft. Duquesne and Sixth Street garage is the one you want.
    Thanks, just put it in the GPS and ready to go.

I think i'd rather go to a funeral, lol jk.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    whoops wrong thread
    what up withthese posts in every thread, waht did I miss?
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

mlh1981 and kwyjibo, thanks for the advice. Everything went smooth except for the outcome of the game. We had a great time anyway. Nice stadium and nice people (with the exception of one street musician). What an incredible view from behind home plate in the upper deck.

mlh1981 and kwyjibo, thanks for the advice. Everything went smooth except for the outcome of the game. We had a great time anyway. Nice stadium and nice people (with the exception of one street musician). What an incredible view from behind home plate in the upper deck.
    Are you talking about the street musician on the Roberto Clemente bridge? He's usually pretty funny and a harmless character, but maybe you are talking about someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    Are you talking about the street musician on the Roberto Clemente bridge? He's usually pretty funny and a harmless character, but maybe you are talking about someone else.
    Yeah, he was on the downtown side of the bridge. Not a big deal but he was giving some other reds fans a hard time. Seemed like quite an expletive laced tirade. Maybe I missed something but it didn't seem like he was trying to be funny.

Yeah, he was on the downtown side of the bridge. Not a big deal but he was giving some other reds fans a hard time. Seemed like quite an expletive laced tirade. Maybe I missed something but it didn't seem like he was trying to be funny.

Well, glad the rest of your trip was fun at least. Most people I've seen at games there seem to be good natured and any sort of "ribbing" is good natured and all in fun. Guess there is always a bad apple or 2 in the bunch.

Did you get the same joke played on me when I went there in 2001?

Pirates fan: Have you been to the restroom yet?

Me: Nope.

Pirates fan: They have TVs in the restrooms.

Me: Really?

Pirates fan: Yup...that's why they call it PNC Park.

I was had.

^ Good one!

Turn Off Ads?