Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Food for thought... Pitching Coach edition.

Food for thought... Pitching Coach edition.

Soooo... I have a STL area forum that I frequent (by far my favorite message board), and I came across this gem today...
    kat89447: It is pretty obvious that Dave Duncan was upset over the handling of Chris, I get he's disappointed but this is the Majors. Anyway, does his displeasure change whether he will resign with the Cards next year. I always took it for granted that he was here as long as TLR, but now I'm thinking this might be it for him. Any rumblings about whether the "team of two" will split up after this season?
    Joe Strauss: I believe there is a very real possibility of that.
    http://www.stltoday.com/discussions/...D081409871/all

This comes from Joe Strauss, writer for STL Today.

Now... Say there really is a rift there. Is there a better fit for Dave Duncan than the Reds? He could join his old GM Jocketty, who I'm sure doesn't underestimate his value, and would be perfect to work with guys like Harang, Cueto, and Homer...

Crosses fingers, toes, arms, and legs...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: Food for thought... Pitching Coach edition.

I would probably be willing to pay Dave Duncan a MLB record contract for a pitching coach. In fact, remove the "probably."
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Soooo... I have a STL area forum that I frequent (by far my favorite message board), and I came across this gem today...

http://www.stltoday.com/discussions/...D081409871/all

This comes from Joe Strauss, writer for STL Today.

Now... Say there really is a rift there. Is there a better fit for Dave Duncan than the Reds? He could join his old GM Jocketty, who I'm sure doesn't underestimate his value, and would be perfect to work with guys like Harang, Cueto, and Homer...

Crosses fingers, toes, arms, and legs...

See, I would like Dave Duncan for a Manager too... Have him sign Leo Mazzone to be his pitching coach and Watch the **** OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    See, I would like Dave Duncan for a Manager too... Have him sign Leo Mazzone to be his pitching coach and Watch the **** OUT!
    Depending on styles and stuff that could be a bit of too many cooks in the kitchen. Especially with like Cueto who also works with Soto still doesnt he?
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Depending on styles and stuff that could be a bit of too many cooks in the kitchen. Especially with like Cueto who also works with Soto still doesnt he?
    I think we made need that many Proffesionals in there to reverse all the damage Dick Pole has done to our pitchers...

What can we do as fans to make this happen? Seriously.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

I'd personally buy a mini-pack...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

I'd buy a mini-pack in the club section.

I'd have to mortgage the house but I'd do it.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

Turn Off Ads?