Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For those who play baseball simluation games - New 'Out of the Park' in March

M2 I also have played strat-o for many years. I think they come pretty close statistically to real life. I wish they were update the graphics though, they are sooo 1980s.

I love Highheat on CD ROM , the PS 2 version does not seem to create players or have a farm system like the CD version or am I doing something wrong??
    It was strange...I looked to my left and I saw Dick Wagner...I looked to my right and I saw John Allen....Then all of a sudden, I was unable to distingush them from each other.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Rookie here:

Are these games played along with the actual season, using real circumstances?

I see you guys discuss the new releases each year.

Does the last edition become obsolete after the season, or do the new ones just have cooler upgrades?

Also, are these computer games, or PS2/XBox?
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar
    Originally posted by TeamCasey
    Rookie here:

Are these games played along with the actual season, using real circumstances?

I see you guys discuss the new releases each year.

Does the last edition become obsolete after the season, or do the new ones just have cooler upgrades?

Also, are these computer games, or PS2/XBox?
    Out of the park is PC only. High heat is now coming out with console games first, and pc last. I'm not sure about the MVP game.

Most or all of the games mentioned do not use real-time data. For example, Adam Dunn's ratings for the 2003 season will be reflective of his talent level at the end of 2002. But there are built-in aging maturation/decline algorithims. You also can select the possibility of 'injury'

The nice thing about the community at baseballsimcentral is that there's a bunch of computer geeks (and I use that term as a compliment) who come out with new roster sets all the time, including midseason, (for Out of the Park and some other games). SOME games make it difficult to upload roster changes. Out of the Park doesn't do that. I'm going to buy Out of the Park 5 because of the new features, NOT because I feel like I'll be forced to in order to enjoy the game.

Again, if you like pretty graphics or pitch-by-pitch mode, avoid Out of the Park. If you like the GM aspects, it seems to be the best out there.
    Stick to your guns.

Also at BaseballSimCentral, you'll get updates for Stadiums, Photo's and other things as well, for High Heat that is. I personally have made versions of Great American, Crosley, and even Riverfront. Another guy released Palace of the Fans. Redsland, from here, made the best Cinergy for that game. Very good work.

All this for the PC, and with some hacking by a couple of the guys allowed the modifications.

EA's MVP will be on the console first, World Series Baseball will also be released on Consoles this year. All-Star Baseball 2004 will be released on the PC for the first time this year.

Originally posted by KyRed
    All-Star Baseball 2004 will be released on the PC for the first time this year.
    Do you know when? I can't find a release date either on their site or on Amazon.com
    Stick to your guns.

Thanks for the advice guys.. I'm going to download mongul this week, and wait for OOTP in march too.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Shameless plug for RZSL...

...And for a similar but totally unique and fun experience you might want to check out the RedsZone Sim League, now entering its third season. One team still available for the upcoming season!

http://www.geocities.com/redszonesimleague/main.html

Excuse the outdated website; a new one is in the works.

Originally posted by cincinnati chili
    Do you know when? I can't find a release date either on their site or on Amazon.com
    According to IGN's Review

"Look to IGN for more on All-Star Baseball 2004 as we approach its February 15 release for Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube. ASB 2004 will ship in May 2003 for PC."

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/380/380765p1.html

I'm waiting for the World Series 2K4. It's supposed to be the best b-ball game of the year. I believe it's for PC/X-Box/PS2. ESPN has a contract with all SegaSports games and does all the announcing and statistics, making it very realistic.

Sega has repeatedly said they are not releasing this version on the PC.

As I understand it's Xbox/PS2/GameCube.

In an interview with PC Gamer, the director of Sega Sports was asked about supporting the PC, and he said that was something that was not in their schedule, or plans, at anytime.

Thanks Ky Red.
    Stick to your guns.

i like OOTP3 and APBA

but i hope they put in a trade block between computer teams.. i use to play APBA thru the 70's up till 90.. and loved the fact i could keep up with every trade and try to see how the pleyers would do during the off season as i kept playing a whole season.... but i played OOTP3 and the computer would make trades.. GIambi was traded by the A's to the Twins.. and others as well during a season.. and then i would have to redo each computers lineups as it would bat GIambi 8th and lead off Sheffield.. silly things like that.. but i havent played in a year.. i played a whole season of APBA for windows and the Red Sox won it all.. then i played OOTP3 and the REd SOx won it all.. darn my Reds came close but didnt make the playoffs in OOTP but i went to the NL CHampionship with the Reds and they lost to the Giants.

ICK.

They have an option for "block computer trades" on Ootp4, so I don't see why they'd take that away in Ootp5.

My biggest hope is that they'll finally have a pitch-by-pitch option, but I doubt it since they haven't bragged about it yet. I find it to be a very good season similar and very bad for gameplay, even in manage-only mode.
    Stick to your guns.

Alright, I ordered the game this weekend. If it doesn't rock, I'm coming after all ya'll!

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar
    OOTP5 has really been great. Better than Baseball Mogul in virtually all aspects. Although it's also much more complicated.

You can do virtually anything- sim a past season, play the current one, become a team manager in a league with all fictional players- as long as you don't mind doing a little forum-reading and file-downloading and net-searching through ootp5.com.

My new 2003 Strat-O-Matic season disk has been gathering dust- that's how great OOTP5 is.

Turn Off Ads?