Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Harang and Arroyo still don't have trade value, really?

So Harang and Arroyo still don't have trade value, really?

They've been pitching pretty well lately. I'm surprised they have zero trade value.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: So Harang and Arroyo still don't have trade value, really?

Since the trade deadline,

Arroyo - 2.03ERA & 4 qualtity starts
    Harang - 2.86ERA & 3 qualtity starts

I think the problem is BCast wants to hold on to them
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

i dont think its that they dont have trade value, its their contracts. the reds probably dont wanna pay any of it, especially if the yanks or bo sox have interest. they're probably telling them no way, we shouldnt have to pick up any of his contract.

To expensive in today's market.I say hold on to both till next years trade deadline and get something for them then or trade them this off season.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

I understand the contracts are expensive, I'm shocked though no one is interested. They both only have one more year on their contract, and most of this year is up, they'll be paid minimally this year. I'm guessing the way they've imploded at times over the year is hanging above their heads over anything else. Their contracts would be a lot more tolerable if their ERA for the year was about 3.50 or so, even though both of theirs have dropped considerably. I guess teams don't expect the way they're pitching now will hold up, but if it does, they would be a huge asset to a team signing them for the playoff run and in the playoffs.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

crap - wrong thread again.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    Their contracts would be a lot more tolerable if their ERA for the year was about 3.50 or so
    If this was the case everyone in need of pitching would want them.We also would be a better team then what we are right now and probably wouldn't want to trade them.

I wouldn't want to get rid of them simply because I think we have seen the two of them at their worse(especially Harang) and if we want to trade them, this time next year is when the return would be the highest considering the expiring contracts and anticipated performance improvements.And who knows?Maybe we might need them for a playoff run of our own.

Somebody should get desperate like the White Sox... Yeah see, the White Sox...

Harang for Beckham... See... Harang for Beckham...

Also, Phillies need a Closer, See... Yeah See...

Cordero for Drabek, See, CoCo for Drabek...

Oh yeah...

No way Phillies are "that desperate". They walked away from Roy Halladay cause they werent going to give up Drabek.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    No way Phillies are "that desperate". They walked away from Roy Halladay cause they werent going to give up Drabek.
    I agree but the Blue Jays also wanted Dominic Brown and J.A. Happ and Drabek...

I would be happy with Brown or Drabek...

Oh and would you go into the playoffs with Lidge and his 7.00+ ERA????

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I agree but the Blue Jays also wanted Dominic Brown and J.A. Happ and Drabek...

I would be happy with Brown or Drabek...

Oh and would you go into the playoffs with Lidge and his 7.00+ ERA????
    No but Drabek was the one guy the Phillies refused to even discuss. Theyre not going to turn around and trade him for a closer. There maybe others that they would discuss but there is no way the Phils trade Drabek.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

No but Drabek was the one guy the Phillies refused to even discuss. Theyre not going to turn around and trade him for a closer. There maybe others that they would discuss but there is no way the Phils trade Drabek.
    Well, what other Closer are they going to get? Heath Bell cannot be traded because he didn't pass through waivers...

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Well, what other Closer are they going to get? Heath Bell cannot be traded because he didn't pass through waivers...

Did Billy Wagner?

William Arthur Ward

Did Billy Wagner?
    I don't know...

Turn Off Ads?