Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Billy Wagner

Billy Wagner

Came back from TJ surgery tonight with a perfect inning, two strikeouts. Looked terrific. Surgery was less than a year ago.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Billy Wagner

Guys are starting to come back from TJ in 10-12 months now rather than 12-14. Kind of crazy.

Let's just be thankful we have such a good medical staff here in Cincinnati and therefore EV will be back sooner rather than later.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Let's just be thankful we have such a good medical staff here in Cincinnati and therefore EV will be back sooner rather than later.
    And could be back on the DL sooner rather than later as well, probably with something like a ruptured skull or some such random injury.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I have no doubts he'll be back ahead of schedule. Whether or not he'll fully recovered at the time is another question entirely.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Came back from TJ surgery tonight with a perfect inning, two strikeouts. Looked terrific. Surgery was less than a year ago.
    Which is why I picked him up in a couple leagues weeks ago. A nice buy low sleeper. (woops wrong forum )

Anyway, I'm not that worried about Volquez. I bet he'll be back on a rehab stint in the minors by the all-star break if not sooner. That would be roughly 11 months after the surgery which seems realistic to me if there's no complications. That would coincide with the perfect time to deal Arroyo or Harang if they're still here.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

Billy Wagner Claimed On Waivers By Ben Nicholson-Smith [August 21 at 2:28pm CST]

Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that an unidetified team has claimed Billy Wagner on waivers. Wagner, who has $2.7MM coming his way before the end of the season, will make $8MM next year if his team doesn't buy him out for $1MM. The Mets now have three days to work out a trade with the claiming team. Afterwards, they can either pull him back off waivers or allow the other team to take him and his contract away, Alex Rios-style.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I have no doubts he'll be back ahead of schedule. Whether or not he'll fully recovered at the time is another question entirely.
    Exactly.

There's speculation that the Boston Red Sox are the team that claimed Wagner.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    There's speculation that the Boston Red Sox are the team that claimed Wagner.
    I'm surprised that he got through the entire NL. Colorado, San Francisco and the Dodgers all could use a guy like Wagner.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Mets may be smart just to let him go. They already have KRod and Putz, not really a need for Wagner.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I would guess that Philly could be the team that claimed him.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    I would guess that Philly could be the team that claimed him.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9...er-off-waivers

Rosenthal seems pretty convinced it's the Red Sox now. He also seems to think the Mets want value in return for him.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I thought this was interesting:
    Odds & Ends: Duchscherer, Clark, Wagner By Mike Axisa [August 21 at 8:46pm CST]
    Friday Night Lights Links...

•Justin Duchscherer will miss the rest of the season with clinical depression according to ESPN's Jerry Crasnick. He's been on the disabled list just about all season with an elbow issue, but this is just sad, sad news. CSN California first had the scoop earlier tonight. Duke is scheduled to become a free agent after the season.

•MLB.com's Steve Gilbert reports that Tony Clark has had discussions with the Diamondbacks about possibly joining the team in a baseball operations role. The club released Clark last month.

•Joel Sherman of The NY Post spoke to an AL executive who speculates (key word) that the Red Sox "claimed (Billy) Wagner over worries that (Jonathan) Papelbon's mechanics and control are off." Remember, the key word is speculates.

•LeVon Washington, Tampa Bay's unsigned first round pick, has choosen to attend JuCo powerhouse Chipola College next season according to Marc Lancaster of The Tampa Tribune. The school has produced Buck Showalter, Mat Gamel, and Russell Martin, among others. Washington will be eligible for the draft again next year.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 08-22-2009 at 12:22 AM. Reason: spacing

Papelbon's been a little erratic, but a 38 year old coming off TJ seems unlikely to be less erratic.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?