Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Memo To Reds: Call Up Juan Francisco!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Memo To Reds: Call Up Juan Francisco!

Juan Francisco is a talent I'd love to venture to the ballpark to see and he is just putting on a show in Louisville since his promotion. Here's his stats:

Juan Francisco

I understand that Walt had to have Rolen. But the thing is is that Rolen is often injured and will be due 11 million next year which the Reds are on the hook for. Now I noticed tonight that Francisco was playing a little LF tonight which I think would be smart giving the fact the Reds just backed them selves into a corner with Rolen at 3rd. Reds have a lot of money invested in 4 players and are forced to fill out the roster with cheap talent. Harang, Arroyo, Cordero, and Rolen are making a combined 46 million+. Add in Taveras and that is over 50 million dollars for 5 players! Francisco is a raw talent who deserves his shot and is no doubt slated to come up in September.. but why wait? Bring him up now and cash in on some extra ticket sales..

Re: Memo To Reds: Call Up Juan Francisco!

I like what he's done so far the second half of the season, but his glove alone (31 errors in AA) means he's not ready to take over 3B for the Reds.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 08-21-2009 at 01:16 AM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

His bat isn't ready yet. A week in the majors and he would face a steady diet of pitches under his hands, which at last count he was 0-10 on swings and misses on 10 pitches under his hands in AAA so far.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

There's no need to bring up El Nino Destructor.

I think he will be the gimmick in August or September of 2010 to implore upon the fans that ownership is making changes. Or a trading chip.

That walk rate makes me want to run screaming, he still needs time.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    That walk rate makes me want to run screaming, he still needs time.
    What walk rate? Patience, young grass hopper.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

This would rank just below calling Homer Bailey up two years ago.

He is not ready. Not even close.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Dude, we have a minors forum for this stuff. And the Cisco brush fire discussion is barely contained there. Jump into that forum and have at it.

Turn Off Ads?