Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 MLB draft

Re: 2010 MLB draft

I like Wimmers.

Found a nice little draft site.

http://mlbbonusbaby.com/
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I like Wimmers.

Eh, if they take Wimmers with Colon and J.Sale still on the board, I wouldn't be happy. The only pitcher that I think is a no-brainer for the Reds at 12 is Pomeranz. Otherwise, I like Colon, J.Sale, A.Wilson, or even Machado at that spot.
    Go BLUE!!!

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Agreed. While I would love the Reds to draft another Man of Moeller, I just do not want to pass up the consensus top collegiate SS to do so. I really have never seen Christian Colon play, but people have been saying that he is a top-10 talent for a long time. Are there any concerns about his ability to stick at short in the major leagues? If these concerns are valid, I would be more comfortable about taking Wimmers, but would still like to see an advanced bat like Brentz here too.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post

Andy does great work over there. If you like the draft, his site is an absolute must check out.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Eh, if they take Wimmers with Colon and J.Sale still on the board, I wouldn't be happy. The only pitcher that I think is a no-brainer for the Reds at 12 is Pomeranz. Otherwise, I like Colon, J.Sale, A.Wilson, or even Machado at that spot.
    If memory serves me right, Colon is a Scott Boras client. That might scare the Reds off. I too want a guy like Colon.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Brentz is the one I'd like.

He's got quite a bit of international experience, can play the OF fairly well, and should hit for power and average with a ton of walks.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    The Reds are supposed to have their window open to win over the next few years. A pitcher like Wimmers would be good trade bait before the 2011 trade deadline. Won't argue with Brentz, Colon or Sale though.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Great site... And yeah. Gimme Brentz any day of the week if he's still there when we pick... Team needs to add a few bats that project to be quick movers and he profiles well...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    I'm also hoping we take a high school hitter, but as an OSU fan, the thought of taking Wimmers is quite intriguing. Plus, he's a Cincinnati boy
    I'd like to add a bat unless the pitcher is can't miss and I can't see that at 12. Colon, Brentz or Wilson would be fine by me and there's a great chance at least one is there.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 04-16-2010 at 01:47 AM.

Guys I wouldn't mind seeing in the 2nd round include:

Yasmani Grandal C
    Micah Gibbs C
    James Paxton LHP
    LeVon WashingtonOF
    Matt Harvey RHP
    Brandon Workman RHP
    Chevez Clarke OF
    Derek Dietrich SS
    Justin O'Conner SS
    Jarret Parker OF
    Leon Landry OF
    JaCoby Jones SS
    Go BLUE!!!

Keith Law wrote a piece on Manny Machado today (HS ss from Miami), and went as far as to label him "the best player in this years draft pool outside of Bryce Harper"... As far as projections are concerned at this point he would be a player that should be available when the Reds pick... Would be a tough decision if he was.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

If Machado's available, you grab him, no question. (Though, to be fair, it's a long, long way from HS to the Bigs and the Reds may want a player that could play sooner rather than later.)
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    If Machado's available, you grab him, no question. (Though, to be fair, it's a long, long way from HS to the Bigs and the Reds may want a player that could play sooner rather than later.)
    I'd take Pomeranz and Colon first, but after that Machado is right there in the conversation along with Josh Sale and Austin Wilson. Way ahead of Alex Wimmers, IMO.
    Go BLUE!!!

Good article posted today on http://www.mlbbonusbaby.com/ on Josh Sale and the rest of the outfielders in this draft.
    Go BLUE!!!

Drew Cisco. The Mike Leake of the high school class.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Turn Off Ads?