Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Justin Duscherer out for season with clinical depression

Justin Duscherer out for season with clinical depression

No link, just got word of this.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: Justin Duscherer out for season with clinical depression

Aww, poor guy. I hope he's able to take care of things and come back to the A's (he's still with them, right?) next year. I've dealt with depression myself and it can really wipe you out.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

More and more teams are employing or contracting with mental health providers to provide services to their players. In a few years I can see psychologists or social workers traveling with the teams full time. Hopefully Justin can get things figured out.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Maybe the single most underrated pitcher in baseball over the past few years and a favorite of mine from my seasons in the West watching the A's all the time.

Good luck, Dutch, and come sign for the Reds when you get it all worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Maybe the single most underrated pitcher in baseball over the past few years and a favorite of mine from my seasons in the West watching the A's all the time.

Good luck, Dutch, and come sign for the Reds when you get it all worked out.
    Ya know, that's actually not a bad idea. He's making $3.9 million this year and is a free agent in only a few months. It's possible that a team might be able to sign him for a base contract that's less than that. I'm not sure the Reds will be able to afford him (or anyone else for that matter) but that is an interesting thought.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 08-21-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Turn Off Ads?