Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Pitching Prospects on the DL

Pitching Prospects on the DL

The Reds seem to be revisiting their early decade woes with many of their better pitching prospects on the DL. Some haven't been discussed much and I was wondering if any of the posters with any knowledge or insider connections could give us an update on the following (What's the injury? Is it a temporary thing? Is the guy's ability permanently threatened? How soon can they come back? etc.)

Kyle Lotzkar
    Dallas Buck
    Daryl Thompson
    Jordan Smith
    Scott Carroll
    James Avery
    Josh Ravin
    Clayton Shunick
    Junior Martinez
    Derrick Lutz
    Daniel Guerrero
    Ben Davis

Throw in Bill Bray, Edinson Volquez and who knows about Johnny Cueto and what's happening to the pitching depth is much more concerning than the mess occurring on the big league diamond IMO.
    Last edited by mth123; 08-22-2009 at 08:44 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pitching Prospects on the DL

Lotzkar is broken elbow or some goofy thing I think. Maybe its the old injury that he had I cant remember
    Buck is a shoulder I think
    Thompson is probably everything above the waist considering his track record.

The rest im not sure.

Add Evan Hildenbrandt.

And Ismael Guillon.
    Go BLUE!!!

Buck Lotzkar and Thompson concern me, Buck the most. The rest don't know much about their injuries but I hope Lutz makes it back he's an intriguing arm for me. But yeah I agree more concerning than an injury decimated big league season.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

After blowing away the FSL at Sarasota last year, Smith was promoted to Chattanooga half way the season. He started strong and then stumbled a bit, spending significant time DLed. He started off well this year, but is now------yep, DLed again. I tried to talk to him about it at Redsfest, but he didn't want to. Still don't know what his injury was, or what it is this year. Same thing maybe?

Turn Off Ads?