Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: I was wrong about....

I was wrong about....

I know we've done this before, but with the current state of the team, I'm curious: What have you been wrong about with regards to the Reds?

Me, I'm never wrong, but I know the rest of you have been (except maybe Krono)

so:

I was wrong about....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I was wrong about....

Tavares first and foremost. I tried to talk myself into his speed.

I was wrong about Rosales who I thought would be a competent back up but is really Janish like with the stick.

On the plus side I was wrong about Arthur Rhodes and Danny Ray Herrera as I've been pleasantly surprised about both.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Me, I'm never wrong
    Sorry, I'd like to help, but I'm never wrong either.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I was wrong about Edwin. I thought he would have a productive season after hitting 26 HRs last year.

I said a couple years ago that Joey Votto wasn't any good.

Haunted by walks

I was wrong about Votto. I thought he'd be overshadowed by Bruce.

I was wrong about Edwin. He's not very good at baseball.

(I did want the Reds to trade for Edwin Jackson before he got good though, so that offsets my Edwins?)

Oh, I thought Marcus McBeth would be good too.

I was wrong in that I did not predict that Taveras would be the worst player in the major leagues this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I was wrong in that I did not predict that Taveras would be the worst player in the major leagues this year.
    I did!

I'll go. If we are limiting it to this year I was wrong about the following:

1. Arthur Rhodes - I didn't think he'd be good in full inning stints and thought he was only a loogy. He's been great.

2. Alex Gonzalez - I figured he'd never play again and the SS spot would suck. Well he did play and the SS spot sucked.

3. Jared Burton - I thought he was ready for the 8th inning.

4. Danny Rae Herrera - I figured he'd be awful by Memorial day.

5. Jay Bruce - I didn't think he'd be an MVP candidate but did think he'd be a plus. He's alarmingly bad at the plate.

6. Ramon Hernadez - I thought his defense would be awful, but he was OK back there and great at 1B.

and finally,

7. Walt Jocketty - Until the Willy T signing, I thought he might have a clue. Seems he doesn't.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I was wrong when I thought that the Reds could never play so badly for so long that I would lose interest in them.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I was wrong when opening this thread, in thinking that Raisor was going to admit he was wrong about something.

I was wrong about...

I thought Jay Bruce would hit at least .260 this year.
    I thought Paul Janish could hit .250 if he played regularly. This has yet to be fully disproved, but I am beginning to doubt that it can happen without a better hitting surrounding cast.
    I thought the starting rotation would rank among the top in the NL.
    I thought the Reds would run opponents out of the park. They rank 7th in NL.

If you do one of these on the minor league side, I will fare even worse.

I was wrong to think that Teh Dusty would eventually put the T-VIRUS in the #8 hole instead of batting him in the top 2 all season.

I was wrong about EE. I thought he'd do more.

I was wrong about Rhodes. I did not think he would be this good, this long.

I'm sure there were others....oh here's one from a long time ago. I thought Ruben Mateo would be a good player...like may be .850 OPS good.

Turn Off Ads?