Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: I was wrong about....

Senor Votto

Re: I was wrong about....

I thought this team would be good.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Hard to say what the current front office is thinking. Honestly, at the end of the year meeting with Dusty and Walt, I can not think of one thing he could lay on the table to save his job.
    How about his $3.5 Million guarantee?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

High five!

I thought the team would be at least .500.

I thought Walt Jocketty would be a good GM.

Haunted by walks

... thinking it will never ever get better.

... the starting rotation. I thought at least 2/5 of it would stay healthy the entire year.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

... Jay Bruce. I thought he'd hit .250 with 35 HR this year.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

... Willy Taveras. I thought he'd at least masquerade as a good player for those who like speed and defense.

... Scott Rolen. I thought he'd still be on the Toronto Blue Jays right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    What was Raisor wrong about?

Nice try, but FAIL!

I was actually spot on Big Ben Broussard. Never said he'd be a star, just that he'd produce about what Casey would at a fraction of the cost.

Ben career OPS+104
    Casey OPS+109

Casey Career (may be incomplete) $41,295,000
    Ben Career (may be incomplete) $10,879,600

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Hard to say what the current front office is thinking. Honestly, at the end of the year meeting with Dusty and Walt, I can not think of one thing he could lay on the table to save his job.
    I'll certainly agree with the first sentence there. First they trade two prospects and a cheap starter for an expensive old "all star. Two weeks later they make public announcements about slowly building from within by developing players. Three days later they are promoting Drew Stubbs before he's ready because Wily Taveras got hurt.

I have no idea what this front office is thinking. Are they upset with Dusty? I have no idea. I watch the franchise pretty intently, and I can not begin to guess at what they are thinking.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    ... Jay Bruce. I thought he'd hit .250 with 35 HR this year.
    Had he not got hurt, I still think that would have been attainable. He still leads the team in homers, and has been out for almost two months. You have to hope he would have turned around sometime.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    How about his $3.5 Million guarantee?
    I was talking about Jacoby. Dusty isn't going anywhere.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Had he not got hurt, I still think that would have been attainable. He still leads the team in homers, and has been out for almost two months. You have to hope he would have turned around sometime.
    Joey tied him with 18 HRs the other night.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    1. David Weathers - I thought "reality" would catch up to Stormy two years ago. I was very wrong. Weathers always battled and did a fine job for this franchise.
    ditto. I thought he'd be crap, and he was useful.

I have been wrong about Aaron Harang repeatedly. When the Jose Guillen trade happened, I thought Valentine was the jewel of the trade and that Harang was a throw-in with a #4 starter upside. Instead he gave us a couple years as a #1 starter. On the contrary, this year I was wrong when I thought he'd turn it around.
    Stick to your guns.

I thought they would lose 100 games this year, but now I think I was wrong (and unduly optimistic).
    Last edited by top6; 08-24-2009 at 12:27 AM.

Turn Off Ads?