Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: I was wrong about....

Re: I was wrong about....

I was wrong thinking the Reds could replace the lost offensive production with the departures of Griffey and Dunn.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    I was wrong thinking the Reds could replace the lost offensive production with the departures of Griffey and Dunn.
    But I thought they replaced Dunn's production with Gomes?

I was wrong thinking the Reds would never sign Lew Ford to a minor league deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Two things...in light of the discussion in the other thread, I thought this might be a nice reminder that the very best posters are able to happily re-examine opinions.

Second...I was in Camden today for the O's/A's and witness to Lew Ford's return to MLB...

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Two things...in light of the discussion in the other thread, I thought this might be a nice reminder that the very best posters are able to happily re-examine opinions.

Second...I was in Camden today for the O's/A's and witness to Lew Ford's return to MLB...
    There you go bringing this up. Now I've got to say I was wrong about what I was wrong about...

...Walt Jocketty is a pretty good GM in spite of his deal for Willy T.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    There you go bringing this up. Now I've got to say I was wrong about what I was wrong about...

...Walt Jocketty is a pretty good GM in spite of his deal for Willy T.
    I continue to exercise my self-believed divine right to be frustrated with Walt J, while marveling that they are currently one of the best Reds teams of my lifetime, and tip my cap to him and Dusty for whatever credit they deserve for that.

Also, a reminder for myself (and anyone else who it might apply to) that message board posting shouldn't be a high contact sport, all opinions are generally welcome, and its okay to have an opinion, re-examine it, and enjoy the evolution of one's views on any given topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    I was wrong about Brook Jacoby. I thought the time he spent with Rudy Jaramillo would have taught him something. I was dead wrong.
    Great post TC!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I was wrong about Homer Bailey. Don't trade him!

Nope, still not wrong

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I continue to exercise my self-believed divine right to be frustrated with Walt J, while marveling that they are currently one of the best Reds teams of my lifetime, and tip my cap to him and Dusty for whatever credit they deserve for that.

Also, a reminder for myself (and anyone else who it might apply to) that message board posting shouldn't be a high contact sport, all opinions are generally welcome, and its okay to have an opinion, re-examine it, and enjoy the evolution of one's views on any given topic.
    Agree on both counts, especially #1 couldn't have said it better myself!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I was right about Ryan Ludwick, and then, after his slow start, I changed my mind and was wrong about Ryan Ludwick. Now that he's doing as I originally said he might, it turns out I was right in the first place. Of course, if he tanks, then my later opinion will turn out to be right.

That ought to make the "I told you so" crowd's head spin a bit.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I was right about Ryan Ludwick and then after his slow start, I changed my mind and was wrong about Ryan Ludwick. Now that he's doing as I originally said he might it turns out I was right in the first place. Of course, if he tanks, then my later opinion will turn out to be right.

That ought to make the "I told you so" crowd's head spin a bit.

Same here. I was onboard with Luddy, and then briefly turned on him when he was slow to start and figured they should just give the at-bats to Heisey. But Ludwick has been great and I'm really happy with him.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I'm super happy this team might have the best record in mlb after today.

Gotta give props to the players. I guess I have to give props to Dusty, who I like as a person, but question his lineups and maneuvers. Not sure I still agree with all of them, but I'll give Dusty props.

I've been critical of management at times for failing to get a cleanup hitter to protect our highest paid player in the lineup, and a leadoff hitter to give our highest paid player someone to knock in.

But for today.......I'll say I was wrong.

But I reserve the right to come back and say I was right.

For the record, I predicted, I think, somewhere around 77 wins the predictions thread. Given that they are 60-40, lets hope I undershot that by about 18 wins.

Where did I underestimate them? Primarily, the pitching staff. Never, ever, figured them to be this good. Not in a million years. Not this across-the-board good.

The goodness of the staff has masked what was the lack of consistent help around Votto, but even that has started to pick up.

In any event, yoinks, the Reds are really good.

I don't remember but I think I predicted 88 wins. Maybe 86. Never thought the pitching would be this good or stay this healthy. I thought Latos would be a bit better, Cueto would regress, Bailey would be worse, Arroyo would be the 2010 version (got that ok) and Leake would be about what he has been but no way did I expect the bullpen to be this good after Madsen Masset and Bray were out. In fact I expected it would be a disaster and the reason the Reds would be held from 90 or more wins. Boy was I wrong. I know I also predicted a huge year for Bruce with 40+ homers.

Turn Off Ads?