Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 8/23/09 Reds vs Pirates

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: 8/23/09 Reds vs Pirates

Homer pitched a pretty solid game after a rough 1st inning. I'm glad he got a chance to get one more inning in and that he made it a quick one. He needs to send his thanks to Gomes for the great catch!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Now maybe the bullpen can blow it.

Homer forgot to leave men on base for Masset to allow to score.

Feeling kind of negative today.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I was OK with Homer going back out for the 7th inning. I would not send him back out there in the 8th.

Chris Bootcheck pitching for the Pirates. He's distantly related to Bob Hatcheck and Joe Coatcheck.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Chris...it's called SNAKE.BIT. The entire flipping team for almost the entire season and we still have over a month go too.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

The camera focused on Bronson Arroyo several times, he better watch himself. Galactus is watching.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Chris Bootcheck pitching for the Pirates. He's distantly related to Bob Hatcheck and Joe Coatcheck.
    Wasn't Bootcheck a high draft pick many years ago? I remember him being a perennial star of the future for the Angels...how'd he end up a Bucco?

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Galactus strikes again!!!!!

Hanigan hit in the head with foul and leaves game.

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    Wasn't Bootcheck a high draft pick many years ago? I remember him being a perennial star of the future for the Angels...how'd he end up a Bucco?
    I was just thinking the same thing. I remember him being one of the top prospects for the Angels and I have no clue how he ended up in Pittsburgh. The Angels always have so many pitching prospects though that he could have been let go or traded at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Galactus strikes again!!!!!

Hanigan hit in the head with foul and leaves game.
    That seemed to be more precautionary with Ryan having neck issues off and on the last few weeks. I wouldn't take a chance on leaving him in either. It's a VERY good thing these guys are off tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    To answer my own question, he was the Angels 1st round pick in 2000 and has been in and out of the Majors since then...sort of a AAAAer. They had converted him to a reliever. He signed with Pittsburgh as a minor league FA this off-season and has been honing his craft in Indianapolis most of the year. IMO, a nice pickup for the Bucs...Kerrigan has him reviving his change-up...could turn into a really nice story.

In the 8th, both teams go down 1-2-3.

Still Reds 4 - Bucs 1

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

What are the odds that Cordero can retire the Bucs in order in the 9th.

Cordoro in to get the incredibly difficult save.

So glad the Reds have him to get Doumit, Moss and Vazquez before giving up three runs. Best $12M they every spent.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Dickerson has a sprained left ankle. X-rays were negative. He'll be examined tomorrow in the Cincinnati by Dr. Tim Kremchek.
    Per Fay

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    Cordoro in to get the incredibly difficult save.

So glad the Reds have him to get Doumit, Moss and Vazquez before giving up three runs. Best $12M they every spent.
    DANG! Good-bye #5 draft pick! This one belooongs to the REDS!!!

On a good note, both the Nats and the Orioles won today.

Turn Off Ads?