Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 8/23/09 Reds vs Pirates

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: 8/23/09 Reds vs Pirates

I'm happy that the Reds won today. I'm probably the only one here but I'm still happy, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I'm happy that the Reds won today. I'm probably the only one here but I'm still happy, LOL
    I'm happy too. I am especially happy about Bailey's outing. He's going to need to take a leap forward hopefully today is a start.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I'm happy too. I am especially happy about Bailey's outing. He's going to need to take a leap forward hopefully today is a start.
    I agree and hopefully Homer builds on this start and uses what he learned for his upcoming ones.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post
    Wouldn't play him in CF though. Dickerson frankly is my choice for 2010.
    If Stubbs plays, he has to be in CF.

He can field circles around Dickerson, and Dickerson ain't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    What are the odds that Cordero can retire the Bucs in order in the 9th.
    Cordero has made the Reds the only team in the majors who have won every game they led after 8 innings.

He's likely the last guy we need to complain about.

And he has a very good WHIP this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Cordero has made the Reds the only team in the majors who have won every game they led after 8 innings.

He's likely the last guy we need to complain about.

And he has a very good WHIP this year.
    Wasn't complaining. Just saying it seems like a rare occasion when Cordero retires the side in order to earn a save. (he got two quick outs today then gave up a hit before getting out #3.)
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 08-23-2009 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Wasn't complaining. Just saying it seems like a rare occasion when Cordero retires the side in order to earn a save. (he got two quick outs today then gave up a hit before getting out #3.)

His Whip is 1.21 which is excellent. The odds are that every pitcher will give up a baserunner in an inning, which would equate to a .250 OBA.

After the first two shaky innings, Homer pitched excellent, and against a hot-hitting Pirates team. He was actually the first major league pitcher the Pirates saw all weekend!

Glad to hear Dickerson just rolled the ankle, did that myself once playing basketball, fell on my face stepping out of bed the next morning when I put weight on it.

Turn Off Ads?