Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Cash for Refrigerators:' Like Clunkers, but for Appliances

Re: 'Cash for Refrigerators:' Like Clunkers, but for Appliances

I wish these blowhard fat cats (who most have never worked an honest day in their lives) would quit spending my tax money on stupid stuff that just drives short term spending and does nothing to fix the long term problems. All Washington is doing now is digging the hole deeper for my generation, and my niece and nephew's generation to pay off.

You want to stimulate the economy cut some of the ridiculous taxes and let Americans keep more of what they earn. Rather than run a leaky water hose where half the money doesnt end up where it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I wish these blowhard fat cats (who most have never worked an honest day in their lives) would quit spending my tax money on stupid stuff that just drives short term spending and does nothing to fix the long term problems. All Washington is doing now is digging the hole deeper for my generation, and my niece and nephew's generation to pay off.

You want to stimulate the economy cut some of the ridiculous taxes and let Americans keep more of what they earn. Rather than run a leaky water hose where half the money doesnt end up where it should.
    But it doesnt look like they doing us a solid if they do it that way!

Let's be sure not to let this turn into a political discussion or it needs to go the Peanut Gallery.

I'm Sorry I will not say another word. Tired of the useless crap coming from everyone in Washington and the out of touchness blinders they wear.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Not trying to be smart- but how can you discuss a current political issue without getting political?

Quote Originally Posted by Orenda View Post
    Not trying to be smart- but how can you discuss a current political issue without getting political?
    Exactly... what can you say about any policy without getting both sides crying, shouting, pointing or screaming.

It's unavoidable.

This is dumb.

That is all.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Orenda View Post
    You probably can't, so if that's the case, given the site's stance on political/religion-based discussions, it doesn't belong here. I don't think the boundaries have been blatantly overstepped in this thread, but it was getting close; hence, my reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Who already has a kitchen renovation project, including replacing all of the appliances, in the pipeline for September?

This guy.
    Well, hopefully this can help someone but I don't think this is expected to start til Nov.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    You probably can't, so if that's the case, given the site's stance on political/religion-based discussions, it doesn't belong here. I don't think the boundaries have been blatantly overstepped in this thread, but it was getting close; hence, my reminder.
    I went ahead and reposted this article in the Peanut Gallery just in case the powers that be decide to close this thread:
    http://lastperson.suncircle.org/index.php?topic=1057.0

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Well, hopefully this can help someone but I don't think this is expected to start til Nov.
    Yep. That's kind of the essence of my existence right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I don't keep beer in the house, it don't last long.
    I used to without much problem. Then my son turned 21. And then oddly enough, we then started suffering from a severe infestation of beer gremlins, i.e. "who? me? beer? noooooo...".

So I don't buy beer anymore. At least anything more than a 6-pack and then I keep a dad-eye on it and woe be to poor soul that takes dad's beer.

Get off my lawn.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?