Turn Off Ads?

Thread: NFL's RedZone Channel Coming to DISH Network

NFL's RedZone Channel Coming to DISH Network

For you DISH Network subscribers the NFL RedZone Channel will coming on September 13th. This looks realy good and I'm looking forward to it. How do you DirecTV subscribers like this channel? Below is the message from DISH announcing this.

Great news! We are launching NFL Network’s new channel NFL RedZone on DISH Network! NFL RedZone will be available on September 13, 2009 on NFL’s opening day. NFL RedZone, produced by NFL Network, visits NFL games across the nation to bring customers the most exciting action as it happens. When a team goes inside the 20-yard line, known as the “red zone,” fans see the crucial plays as they happen. The channel keeps fans up-to-date in real time, switching from game to game with live look-ins, highlights and a chance to see every important play. For more information on NFL RedZone, visit NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League.

NFL RedZone will be available within the Classic Silver 200 ($52.99/mo. with locals where available) WITH a subscription to the add-on package, Multi-Sport Package, which is $5.99/mo. Customers may also receive NFL RedZone in HD with a subscription to the HD add-on package. In order to receive HD local network programming, qualifying customers must also have a ViP®-series/MPEG-4 receiver and an applicable antenna pointed to either the 129° or 61.5° orbital location.

The Channel will air on Channel 155.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NFL's RedZone Channel Coming to DISH Network

just a way to gouge some more cash from folks. Why not just broadcast it on the nfl network channel?

I don't believe Redzone has been announced for Directv yet. They have a "Redzone" channel that's part of NFL Sunday ticket, but it's not the same thing as the new NFL Network channel.

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    I don't believe Redzone has been announced for Directv yet. They have a "Redzone" channel that's part of NFL Sunday ticket, but it's not the same thing as the new NFL Network channel.
    I doubt Directv carries it since it would probably take away from some people subscribing to SuperFan which the Redszone channel is a big part of.

Basically I expect the NFL network version to be similar to the Directv channel except I am sure the NFL network version will be loaded with commercials.

Seems to me just dish network scrambling to keep there sports/Football fans somewhat happy .I work for Direct T.v. and theres a lot of people who get Direct tv just for the N.F.L. sunday ticket and a lot of those people are people switching over from Dish network.

Turn Off Ads?