Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 8/26/09 Reds vs Brewers

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: 8/26/09 Reds vs Brewers

I have to head to bed again (I know, I'm a slacker fan but I get up at 5:30 AM every day so there's no way I can stay up for this game after last night) but hopefully I wake up to a smiling scoreboard again. Go Reds!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Just didn't see too many plays like that out of EE.
    Nice to have a real third baseman. Imagine how good it makes the pitchers feel.

And the Reds turn back into themselves.
    Bases juiced and Janish looks at 3 pitches right. down. the middle.

3-3 headed to the bottom of the 9th.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Stubbs strikes out for the fourth straight time(swinging), and then Janish takes three straight right over the plate. Sad....all we needed from Stubbs was to put the ball in play.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

And the Reds turn back into themselves.
    Bases juiced and Janish looks at 3 pitches right. down. the middle.

3-3 headed to the bottom of the 9th.
    Lineup construction again. Got the 8-9 hitters hitting one-two.

What the heck was Janish whining about? 3 straight fastballs......first 2 right down the middle and then the last one was outside corner.

Stubbs needs to make some contact..... that swing and a miss on that pitch? You cannot tell me he cannot at least hit that. It was not that high. If that is his hole....than this guy is going to have major problems.

Fisher in to pitch the 8th. He pitched two innings last night, and Dusty said on pregame that he probably wouldn't use him tonight.

But Fisher gets through the inning on 12 pitches, retiring Cameron, Kendall, and Escobar.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

But look at the bright side: Stubbs gets his first 'golden sombrero'.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    But look at the bright side: Stubbs gets his first 'golden sombrero'.....lol
    1st of many
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

What does it matter where they were in the lineup? Based on what you are saying.....then that means they would not have been anyone on base to even have a rally going. There was no excuse to have AB's like this no matter where you are hitting in the lineup.

I feel bad for Stubbs. There was nothing about his year at L'ville that suggested he was ready for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    What does it matter where they were in the lineup? Based on what you are saying.....then that means they would not have been anyone on base to even have a rally going. There was no excuse to have AB's like this no matter where you are hitting in the lineup.

No argument with this. It's just ridiculous to put guys who will have AB's like that in the spots where they're likely to get the most at bats.

Tough crowd, kid has had 26 MLB Ab's in his young career. I not willing to pass judgement until I see some more.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    I feel bad for Stubbs. There was nothing about his year at L'ville that suggested he was ready for this.
    Hopefully it gives him perspective on how hard he needs to work in the off season to become a bonafide major leaguer.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Hopefully it gives him perspective on how hard he needs to work in the off season to become a bonafide major leaguer.
    Agree. The one thing that's hopeful about Stubbs is that he has at every level been able to make adjustments and then be successful. I just look forward to the day when we can promote kids according to one standard: their own readiness. There's been a lot of clamoring for Stubbs on RZ, but his year at L'ville didn't point to his being ready. Rosales had about .3 higher OPS and we've seen his struggles.

Turn Off Ads?