Turn Off Ads?

Thread: FOUR .. in a row?

FOUR .. in a row?

Wow, how?

I'm sure its coming to an abrupt end this weekend. Nice to see actual wins though for a change.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: FOUR .. in a row?

Because the Reds cant even win the battle to be the worst

I'd rather them save it for next year. Really doesn't give me any joy at all at this point.

The winning is nice but then I look at the standings and get knocked off my high horse.

Really what's the point? If this team has a winning record in the month of September, we'll see no changes made in the offseason.

Really? You guys want them to lose?

How can you be a fan without smiling at a win?

Strategically, the wins don't hurt, they help. The young guys are putting together some confidence. Bailey pitches well and wins. Janish gets a little more comfortable at the plate and puts some hits together. Stubbs gets is feet wet. Burton has some late inning success and starts to rebuild his confidence. Nix and Gomes are hitting well and Arroyo is on fire (makes them more attractive trade options). None of this is bad. Feel good about the wins. I'd like to see a really strong September to help them get out of the psychological rut of losing all the time.

-Gonzalas-Tavaras-Rosalas-EE+Rolen+Stubbs+Janish

= Wins

Rolen has been the biggest difference but the other two have had an impact as well.

Janish had a heck of a series against the Brew Crew and while most of you will say that it's a bad thing because it will only give the front office an excuse not to sign a SS for next year I for one have enjoyed seeing him take advantage of his opportunity. I hope he keeps it up.

Stubbs hasn't been all that good but I like seeing him more then Tavaras.

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post

Strategically, the wins don't hurt, they help. The young guys are putting together some confidence. Bailey pitches well and wins. Janish gets a little more comfortable at the plate and puts some hits together. Stubbs gets is feet wet. Burton has some late inning success and starts to rebuild his confidence. Nix and Gomes are hitting well and Arroyo is on fire (makes them more attractive trade options). None of this is bad. Feel good about the wins. I'd like to see a really strong September to help them get out of the psychological rut of losing all the time.
    Id prefer they lose so the management has to make changes and not go into the offseason saying "we played well down the stretch."

They are already setting up the "injuries" excuse id rather not give them another stupid excuse for punting off seasons like the continuously do.

Nothing is going to change unless they really really suck. The Reds would love to be .500 more than anything. You know why? Its not because it will look like they are improve its because they can say they didnt lose. They dont understand fans see .500 and 15 games out just as bad as finishing sub .500 and 25 games out. Losing is losing and the only thing that matters is winning divisions and playoffs most of the time. If you dont have a good foundation you can be over .500 and it wont matter to a fan. The FO plan is to win 82 games and brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Narron View Post
    Really what's the point? If this team has a winning record in the month of September, we'll see no changes made in the offseason.
    And we would see changes if we had a losing record for the last month? We've had a losing record for 9 years now and we haven't seen any friggin changes! LOL

I just looked at the season schedule, and not surprisingly, winning 4 games is a row is our LONGEST WINNING STREAK ALL YEAR. Pretty sad eh? This one is tied for the longest of the year with one at the end of May, and thats it. If we beat the Dodgers, it would be the longest of the year.

Yeah, yeah, a moot point this season I know. Just a little something to root for.

I don't see management going out this winter and making big, sweeping changes to make up for the late-season disaster any more than I see them standing firm because they ended on an uptick. Owning and running a professional baseball team is a lot more difficult and in-depth than that.

This team/organization needs a specific plan of action that is carried out successfully from the owner all the way down to the peanut vendors. It's a trait you see in other successful sports teams, but in my entire life as a Reds fan (~25ish years), I've never known an owner/management team that was actually capable of carrying that out. Just a shame, really.

So I'll just keep rooting for them to win, but I won't expect much.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I'd rather them save it for next year. Really doesn't give me any joy at all at this point.
    Only if I was going to the game. And, I wouldn't pay a dime to see them now. I'd rather see the last couple of Minor League games that are left, and then switch to other things to do.

They just haven't earned my support the way Castellini's handled things with Krivsky and Baker.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Five straight. Kudos to the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post

I couldn't agree with you more! Winning breeds winning and winning helps locker room chemistry. Lets face it, the Reds probably aren't going to add much payroll (if any at all) next year. These are the guys we are going to be going with. You want your young guys going into the off-season with some confidence and eager to get going next year.

Turn Off Ads?