Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Is it possible for Juan Francisco field a ball without any trouble?

Is it possible for Juan Francisco field a ball without any trouble?

I was at the Louisville Bats' game last night, and Juan Fransisco put on what may have been the most pitiful fielding performance I have ever seen in a professional baseball game above single A. Four balls were hit towards Fransisco:

1: In the second inning a double play ground ball was hit to Fransisco, but it went off his glove for an error.

2: The next batter bunted towards Fransisco, and he could not even pick it, though he probably would not have had a play anyway.

3: In the fifth inning, a hard grounder went off of Fransisco's glove for an error again, scoring two runs, and putting a man on second.

4: In the sixth inning, Fransisco finally fielded a ball, but he bobbled it, before recovering to throw out the runner at first.

I guess this might have just been a bad night, but I was at a previous Bats game with Fransisco at third, and, though he did not make an error, he did not make some plays that I thought a third baseball should have at least come closer to making, and generally looked like he should not be at third. I just don't understand why the Reds organization continues to play him at third base, hasn't he proven he can not do so?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Is it possible for Juan Francisco field a ball without any trouble?

Maybe they should put him in Left and Frazier at 3rd?

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Re: Is it possible for Juan Francisco field a ball without any trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Maybe they should put him in Left and Frazier at 3rd?
    No doubt Frazier should be at 3rd. Unless they're planning to deal Phillips.

Francisco is either a 1B or LF.

But then Jocketty had a senior moment and just had to reacquire Rolen.

Turn Off Ads?