Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Kazmir traded to Angels (maybe)

Scott Kazmir traded to Angels (maybe)

According to MLB.com's Lyle Spencer, the Angels are about to land Scott Kazmir from the Rays for two prospects.

Update:
    The Rays will get pitcher Alexander Torres and third baseman Matthew Sweeney in return in the deal, which is expected to be announced later today.

Kazmir is 8-7 this season with a 5.92 ERA in 20 starts for the Rays.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 08-28-2009 at 04:10 PM.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Scott Kazmir traded to Angels

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    According to MLB.com's Lyle Spencer, the Angels are about to land Scott Kazmir from the Rays for two prospects.
    Maybe the Reds can trade the Rays the rights to Chris Gruler to fill his spot in the rotation.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Matt Sweeney and Alexander Torres according to mlbtraderumors.com.

Great trade for the Angels, IMO. I'd love to have Kazmir in the Reds rotation.

All reports suggest that a trade is close but hasn't happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Great trade for the Angels, IMO. I'd love to have Kazmir in the Reds rotation.
    A lot of money for a guy who has had a mysteriously bad season.

Wow, if this does go through, Will Carroll thinks Kaz will work out of the pen for the Angels.
    http://twitter.com/injuryexpert/status/3610697559

Awful early on in his career to trade a young pitcher of Kaz's ilk. That is unless there is something wrong with him????

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Awful early on in his career to trade a young pitcher of Kaz's ilk. That is unless there is something wrong with him????
    When has Kazmir made it though a season where there wasn't a concern that something wasn't wrong with him?

Kazmir has been a catastrophic surgery waiting to happen for a while. The fact that he has been considered that for a while without actually having the surgery makes him a more intriguing case.

Regardless, given Kazmir's results this year and his attached salary, I think this deal shows that a guy like Arroyo is in fact tradeable- especially if it's for a playoff push this year.
    Go BLUE!!!

One thing this may mean is that the Rays will probably be more likely to keep keep Carl Crawford around for another year.

Angels Close To Acquiring Scott Kazmir? By Ben Nicholson-Smith [August 28 at 4:23pm CST]

4:23pm: The original report from MLB.com's Lyle Spencer has been changed, and now says that the proposed deal has fallen through.

4:33pm: Joel Sherman of The NY Post hears from a source that the deal is done, and Kazmir is "definitely going to the Angels."
    Sigh, sounds like the teams could be haggling about the return to the Rays.

I saw Alexander Torres pitch earlier this month, and he reminded me of Kazmir. He isn't very big, throws left handed, and throws pretty hard. He was impressive, but the Angels have a young left handed pitcher named Trevor Reckling who is more impressive.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Re: Scott Kazmir traded to Angels (maybe)

http://twitter.com/nyp_joelsherman/statuses/3611814744
    The Rays are getting minor leaguers and no money is changing hands, so #Angels pick up the whole contract23 minutes ago from web
    nyp_joelsherman
    Joel Sherman
    Gives hope that maybe some team will take Arroyo or Harang. No prospects, just take the contract.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Turn Off Ads?