Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DJ AM dies

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: DJ AM dies

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I dont understand the reasoning behind this. You are punishing the guy in the accident and rewarding pilot by allowing his screw up to ultimately benefit his family. Im not saying the family should be targeted but in my mind the person he harmed deserves to be paid regardless in the situation. If the dude was at fault then I just dont see why his payment should go to his family over the victim.
    His screw up is not benefiting his family. They aren't getting some bounty for crashing the plane. They are just retaining what the pilot already had. My question is, why does the victim deserve to be paid? I don't think its punishing him to suggest he be happy that he is alive unlike the others involved in the same problem in an ACCIDENT. Even if that accident may have been preventable, it was still an accident and it wasn't something as simple as "don't drink and drive" or "pay attention". The reports suggest that they blew a tire right before take off while going 150+ MPH. I am not a pilot, but I can't imagine that is something that the pilot can control a whole lot. Its a bad situation all around.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Negligence must mean something different to you than me. The suit is suggesting that the pilots didn't do checks like they were supposed to. Im not totally in tune with the situation but if the pilots were at fault the victims should be given what is due. The family in your situation is catching a break here because the guy died. If he didnt die he would have been sued and if lost the suit that would have taken money from the family as well. Its a shame the guy died but if he was at fault then hes at fault. If you got into a car wreck because of some accident and you had 3rd degree burns on your body i think its fair to say that any pain and suffering you should had inflicted on you should come out of the person who caused the accident. Just because the other person died doesnt mean his stuff wasnt his stuff.

I understand that you think once the guy died it instantly is all the families stuff. I dont see it that way. I see it as the victim is entitled to it 1st then the family gets to receive theirs.

I dont see how DJ AM is at all the bad guy and how he should have to be told to get screwed when he did nothing wrong from my POV.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Negligence must mean something different to you than me. The suit is suggesting that the pilots didn't do checks like they were supposed to. Im not totally in tune with the situation but if the pilots were at fault the victims should be given what is due. The family in your situation is catching a break here because the guy died. If he didnt die he would have been sued and if lost the suit that would have taken money from the family as well.
    Sure, but the pilot would have been able to provide for that family moving forward as well.

Its a shame the guy died but if he was at fault then hes at fault. If you got into a car wreck because of some accident and you had 3rd degree burns on your body i think its fair to say that any pain and suffering you should had inflicted on you should come out of the person who caused the accident.
    I have been in situations where my entire life has been altered because of someone else. I wasn't going to sue someone because of it. It is just an unfortunate incident in life.

I dont see how DJ AM is at all the bad guy and how he should have to be told to get screwed when he did nothing wrong from my POV.
    I don't see it as 'being screwed', I see it as being unfortunate that something happened to him, but it could have been a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Travis Barker seems to be doing fine after walking away from the same plane crash.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hphtK7kzk70

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Sure, but the pilot would have been able to provide for that family moving forward as well.

I have been in situations where my entire life has been altered because of someone else. I wasn't going to sue someone because of it. It is just an unfortunate incident in life.

I don't see it as 'being screwed', I see it as being unfortunate that something happened to him, but it could have been a lot worse.
    Fair enough man we can just agree to disagree because i dont see either of us really changing out minds at all.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Awesome Clogger, thanks for posting!

Turn Off Ads?