Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Saturday 8.29.09 Reds v Dodgers

Re: Saturday 8.29.09 Reds v Dodgers

There's something different about this Reds team in the last week or so. I thought that game where Lehr gave up 4 runs to the Brewers in the 1st and this one were both over (and would have earlier in the season) but both times we've tied it up early.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    You can't half-ass a good practical joke, so I tip my hat to them...
    I was really hoping, as part of the joke, this knuckleball character would stay around a few more batters. I thought for sure they'd stage Phillips stealing 2nd, 3rd and home against him.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    There's something different about this Reds team in the last week or so. I thought that game where Lehr gave up 4 runs to the Brewers in the 1st and this one were both over (and would have earlier in the season) but both times we've tied it up early.
    Its called No Willy and No Seabass.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

No pressure.

Jeff Weaver pitching. Rolen Singles. Phillips to 2B.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Wlad flies out. 2 down.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Its called No Willy and No Seabass.
    Good point, but whoda figured Stubbs and Janish at the top of the order would make a difference? I prefer the idea that Rolen and Gomes are part of the resurgence.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Good point, but whoda figured Stubbs and Janish at the top of the order would make a difference? I prefer the idea that Rolen and Gomes are part of the resurgence.
    They are as well. But Willy Taveras is the most soul suckingly awful baseball player in history. His absence helps the most IMO.

Gomes grounds out.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    They are as well. But Willy Taveras is the most soul suckingly awful baseball player in history. His absence helps the most IMO.
    Think about the implications of what I'm about to say...

The Reds upgraded their leadoff OBP to .260
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Dusty's on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Dusty's on TV
    Since I have no video here, for a moment my mood soared as I thought maybe he got canned as was back with ESPN. Then I remembered that this game is on Fox.

Another 1-2-3 inning for Maloney. Like Lehr did against Milwaukee, he's settling in.

Loretta FO 8.
    Hudson K's.
    Ausmus GO.

Maloney getting it together?

Babe Tatum leading off the inning GO on the first pitch.

Turn Off Ads?