Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Duncan Likely Leaving STL

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Dave Duncan Likely Leaving STL

"Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan may leave the organization after the year.
    Duncan is upset at the perceived handling of his son, Chris Duncan, by both the Cardinals media and front office. Tony LaRussa's right-hand man since 1983 has also lost influence with the front office, no longer being consulted on decisions and not seeing his philosophy mesh with the minor league philosophy. Duncan insists any decision will come in the off-season and be a professional, not personal decision. Color us skeptical. Duncan is possibly the best pitching coach in the game now that Leo Mazzone has retired. He won't have trouble finding a job. It would be a blow to the Cardinals' future as fantasy owners would no longer be able to pick up Cardinal pitchers and see them morph into world-beaters on a regular basis.
    Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch"

If there was ever a coach I would toss millions of dollars at....it's this guy.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dave Duncan Likely Leaving STL

I would love to see Duncan join the Reds but he would bring a sense of logic to the team that would go directly against some of toothpick's ideas.

Please god.

2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

I always thought it was kind of strange for them to "dump" his son the way they did. He's certainly good enough to keep around just to appease his father. Who, by the way, must have some sort of deal with the devil. I'm completely convinced. Because there is just no rational explanation for Dave Duncan to do what he does with his pitching staff. That guy is simply amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Please god.
    Buddha, Krishna, and the White Wizard, too.

Please let this "association" of Castellini's reach out and snatch Duncan. I could almost live with Dusty if we had Duncan.

Yes, please get this Guy BOB!

Get Duncan, then LaRussa

Dave Duncan is to the Cardinals pitching staff what Dick LeBeau is to the Steelers defense. Without them, they are not NEARLY as good...

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipsHead View Post
    Dave Duncan is to the Cardinals pitching staff what Dick LeBeau is to the Steelers defense. Without them, they are not NEARLY as good...
    Hear! Hear!

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    "also lost influence with the front office, no longer being consulted on decisions"
    Maybe this is why Walt sucks as a GM with the Reds. He needs Duncan to tell him who is good,bad,etc. Show him the money Bob!
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    Maybe this is why Walt sucks as a GM with the Reds. He needs Duncan to tell him who is good,bad,etc. Show him the money Bob!
    So, following that same logic, Walt might have asked Dick Pole for his input on Zach Stewart's future. Based on the results, whoever gave him the advice to go ahead and let Stewart go (someone had to have said that he's no where near as valuable as an oft-injured, 35-year old, $12M Scott Rolen, who's had 1 good year in his last 4, and let's toss in Josh Roenicke and EE while we're at it), that person, along with Jockety, should be fired for incompetence.

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    So, following that same logic, Walt might have asked Dick Pole for his input on Zach Stewart's future. Based on the results, whoever gave him the advice to go ahead and let Stewart go (someone had to have said that he's no where near as valuable as an oft-injured, 35-year old, $12M Scott Rolen, who's had 1 good year in his last 4, and let's toss in Josh Roenicke and EE while we're at it), that person, along with Jockety, should be fired for incompetence.
    No it is not the same logic because Dick Pole is not Dave Duncan. The same logic would be that Dave Duncan would understand the value of Roenicke and Stewart and veto the trade.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I think I just peed a little. WJ get DD to OH ASAP!!

You know there's a darn good chance that the Cards could win the WS. I could see them both leaving if that happens. Larussa to retire and Duncan to the Reds! I don't want Larussa, but Duncan would be just fine by me, and we could always pick up his kid at a 5th outfielder to sweeten the deal.

How old is Duncan?

Turn Off Ads?