Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 63 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1001

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,534

    What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    We've gone over 1,000 posts in the other thread so I will start a new one.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  2. #2
    Member Captain Hook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    columbus,ohio
    Posts
    2,223

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    The newest Rambo movie.It was pretty bad.Don't watch unless you just have to see John J. kill a bunch of bad guys.

  3. #3
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Saw Inglorious Basterds Friday night. Liked the movie, typical Tarantino style, but Brad Pitt was just awful. It's one of the worst acting jobs I think I've ever seen. As a matter of fact, I actuall laughed out loud on a couple of occasions in the movie. It was like he was doing a SNL skit and everyone else was in a serious drama.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Saw Inglorious Basterds Friday night. Liked the movie, typical Tarantino style, but Brad Pitt was just awful. It's one of the worst acting jobs I think I've ever seen. As a matter of fact, I actuall laughed out loud on a couple of occasions in the movie. It was like he was doing a SNL skit and everyone else was in a serious drama.
    Brad Pitt was completely awesome. This movie wasn't a serious drama. You were supposed to be laughing at most of what he was saying.

  5. #5
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Brad Pitt was completely awesome. This movie wasn't a serious drama. You were supposed to be laughing at most of what he was saying.
    I wasn't laughing at what he was saying, it was how he was saying it. I didn't "not get it" with him. I just thought he was in WAYover his head trying to play that role. It ws painful, IMO.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  6. #6
    A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,468

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I wasn't laughing at what he was saying, it was how he was saying it. I didn't "not get it" with him. I just thought he was in WAYover his head trying to play that role. It ws painful, IMO.
    Nah, you were supposed to be laughing at how he was saying it too. He was playing a caricature.

    Inglourious Basterds is the best movie of the year so far.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Nah, you were supposed to be laughing at how he was saying it too. He was playing a caricature.

    Inglourious Basterds is the best movie of the year so far.
    I really liked it, I only wish that it maintained the spaghetti western feel through out the entire movie.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

  8. #8
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,212

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Nah, you were supposed to be laughing at how he was saying it too. He was playing a caricature.

    Inglourious Basterds is the best movie of the year so far.
    I think so too. Pitt was fantasic. Both women stole the scenes they were in. Best movie of the year. Even better then District 9, and I loved that one too.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Saw Inglorious Basterds Friday night. Liked the movie, typical Tarantino style, but Brad Pitt was just awful. It's one of the worst acting jobs I think I've ever seen. As a matter of fact, I actuall laughed out loud on a couple of occasions in the movie. It was like he was doing a SNL skit and everyone else was in a serious drama.
    Going to see this movie tonight....I cant wait.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

  10. #10
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    District 9 ... didn't much care for it
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  11. #11
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,450

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    That Thing You Do!

    It wasn't really funny, there wasn't any action, and most of the drama occurred during the last 15 minutes. Yet, somehow, I still enjoyed it. How does That Thing You Do! do it?

    5/10
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  12. #12
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,609

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    That Thing You Do!

    It wasn't really funny, there wasn't any action, and most of the drama occurred during the last 15 minutes. Yet, somehow, I still enjoyed it. How does That Thing You Do! do it?

    5/10
    Steve Zahn, Tom Hanks and Tom Everett Scott.... never seen a movie with any of them that I didn't like. Toss in some catchy songs and you have one of my all time favorite movies.

  13. #13
    Zoinks!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edgewood, KY
    Posts
    575

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Steve Zahn, Tom Hanks and Tom Everett Scott.... never seen a movie with any of them that I didn't like. Toss in some catchy songs and you have one of my all time favorite movies.
    What about Tom Everett Scott in American Werewolf in Paris? That was pretty bad

  14. #14
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,609

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Quote Originally Posted by minus5 View Post
    What about Tom Everett Scott in American Werewolf in Paris? That was pretty bad
    Haven't seen it.

  15. #15
    Zoinks!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edgewood, KY
    Posts
    575

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Haven't seen it.
    You're doing something right then.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25