Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1001

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

  1. #1
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,378

    What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    We've gone over 1,000 posts in the other thread so I will start a new one.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member Captain Hook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    columbus,ohio
    Posts
    2,222

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    The newest Rambo movie.It was pretty bad.Don't watch unless you just have to see John J. kill a bunch of bad guys.

  4. #3
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Saw Inglorious Basterds Friday night. Liked the movie, typical Tarantino style, but Brad Pitt was just awful. It's one of the worst acting jobs I think I've ever seen. As a matter of fact, I actuall laughed out loud on a couple of occasions in the movie. It was like he was doing a SNL skit and everyone else was in a serious drama.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Saw Inglorious Basterds Friday night. Liked the movie, typical Tarantino style, but Brad Pitt was just awful. It's one of the worst acting jobs I think I've ever seen. As a matter of fact, I actuall laughed out loud on a couple of occasions in the movie. It was like he was doing a SNL skit and everyone else was in a serious drama.
    Brad Pitt was completely awesome. This movie wasn't a serious drama. You were supposed to be laughing at most of what he was saying.

  6. #5
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Brad Pitt was completely awesome. This movie wasn't a serious drama. You were supposed to be laughing at most of what he was saying.
    I wasn't laughing at what he was saying, it was how he was saying it. I didn't "not get it" with him. I just thought he was in WAYover his head trying to play that role. It ws painful, IMO.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  7. #6
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    District 9 ... didn't much care for it
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  8. #7
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    6,417

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    That Thing You Do!

    It wasn't really funny, there wasn't any action, and most of the drama occurred during the last 15 minutes. Yet, somehow, I still enjoyed it. How does That Thing You Do! do it?

    5/10
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  9. #8
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    I just saw The Deer Hunter, for the the first time. I was as mad watching that as I was after No Country for Old Men. Great movie, until we find out that Nick(Christopher Walken) was on the Vietnamese Professional Russian Roulette circuit. I hate when movies take a 90 degree turn on you right into the ditch.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  10. #9
    Member redsfandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,562

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I just saw The Deer Hunter, for the the first time. I was as mad watching that as I was after No Country for Old Men. Great movie, until we find out that Nick(Christopher Walken) was on the Vietnamese Professional Russian Roulette circuit. I hate when movies take a 90 degree turn on you right into the ditch.
    Huh. I thought that was one of the more memorable scenes and just adds to the tragedy of the movie. Guess that's just me. Great movie.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

  11. #10
    High five! nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    6,976

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Over the weekend, the wife and I were both sick, so we watched:

    The Soloist - horrible
    The Wrestler - awesome
    Twilight - pretty good
    The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - OK but long
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

  12. #11
    Member The Baumer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,295

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Saw the original Halloween on AMC recently.

    It starts out pretty awesome and ends up pretty good. I didn't realize how much suspense and thrills it had. I had convinced myself it was as bad as the sequels.

  13. #12
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,387

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer View Post
    Saw the original Halloween on AMC recently.

    It starts out pretty awesome and ends up pretty good. I didn't realize how much suspense and thrills it had. I had convinced myself it was as bad as the sequels.
    The first two Halloween's are both well done. After that the suckiness kicks in. Although Part III's story combined having nothing to do with Michael Myers makes it campy fun.


    I didn't care for Rob Zombie's remake so I have no plans to see the new Halloween II.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  14. #13
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,246

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    That Thing You Do!

    It wasn't really funny, there wasn't any action, and most of the drama occurred during the last 15 minutes. Yet, somehow, I still enjoyed it. How does That Thing You Do! do it?

    5/10
    Steve Zahn, Tom Hanks and Tom Everett Scott.... never seen a movie with any of them that I didn't like. Toss in some catchy songs and you have one of my all time favorite movies.

  15. #14
    Zoinks!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edgewood, KY
    Posts
    575

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Steve Zahn, Tom Hanks and Tom Everett Scott.... never seen a movie with any of them that I didn't like. Toss in some catchy songs and you have one of my all time favorite movies.
    What about Tom Everett Scott in American Werewolf in Paris? That was pretty bad

  16. #15
    Zoinks!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edgewood, KY
    Posts
    575

    Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The first two Halloween's are both well done. After that the suckiness kicks in. Although Part III's story combined having nothing to do with Michael Myers makes it campy fun.


    I didn't care for Rob Zombie's remake so I have no plans to see the new Halloween II.

    I hated the 2nd Halloween....I just kept thinking "Where are all the hospital workers? I've never seen a hospital this empty..." I loved the first one though. Especially for the time that it came out.

    The best part about III was the Silver Shamrock song. You could drive your friends crazy singing "Five more day till Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.." over and over


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25