Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

What was the most recent movie I've watched?

We've gone over 1,000 posts in the other thread so I will start a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

The newest Rambo movie.It was pretty bad.Don't watch unless you just have to see John J. kill a bunch of bad guys.

Saw Inglorious Basterds Friday night. Liked the movie, typical Tarantino style, but Brad Pitt was just awful. It's one of the worst acting jobs I think I've ever seen. As a matter of fact, I actuall laughed out loud on a couple of occasions in the movie. It was like he was doing a SNL skit and everyone else was in a serious drama.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Saw Inglorious Basterds Friday night. Liked the movie, typical Tarantino style, but Brad Pitt was just awful. It's one of the worst acting jobs I think I've ever seen. As a matter of fact, I actuall laughed out loud on a couple of occasions in the movie. It was like he was doing a SNL skit and everyone else was in a serious drama.
    Brad Pitt was completely awesome. This movie wasn't a serious drama. You were supposed to be laughing at most of what he was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Brad Pitt was completely awesome. This movie wasn't a serious drama. You were supposed to be laughing at most of what he was saying.
    I wasn't laughing at what he was saying, it was how he was saying it. I didn't "not get it" with him. I just thought he was in WAYover his head trying to play that role. It ws painful, IMO.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

District 9 ... didn't much care for it

That Thing You Do!

It wasn't really funny, there wasn't any action, and most of the drama occurred during the last 15 minutes. Yet, somehow, I still enjoyed it. How does That Thing You Do! do it?

5/10

I just saw The Deer Hunter, for the the first time. I was as mad watching that as I was after No Country for Old Men. Great movie, until we find out that Nick(Christopher Walken) was on the Vietnamese Professional Russian Roulette circuit. I hate when movies take a 90 degree turn on you right into the ditch.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I just saw The Deer Hunter, for the the first time. I was as mad watching that as I was after No Country for Old Men. Great movie, until we find out that Nick(Christopher Walken) was on the Vietnamese Professional Russian Roulette circuit. I hate when movies take a 90 degree turn on you right into the ditch.
    Huh. I thought that was one of the more memorable scenes and just adds to the tragedy of the movie. Guess that's just me. Great movie.

High five!

Over the weekend, the wife and I were both sick, so we watched:

The Soloist - horrible
    The Wrestler - awesome
    Twilight - pretty good
    The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - OK but long

They call me "chef"

Saw the original Halloween on AMC recently.

It starts out pretty awesome and ends up pretty good. I didn't realize how much suspense and thrills it had. I had convinced myself it was as bad as the sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer View Post
    Saw the original Halloween on AMC recently.

It starts out pretty awesome and ends up pretty good. I didn't realize how much suspense and thrills it had. I had convinced myself it was as bad as the sequels.
    The first two Halloween's are both well done. After that the suckiness kicks in. Although Part III's story combined having nothing to do with Michael Myers makes it campy fun.

I didn't care for Rob Zombie's remake so I have no plans to see the new Halloween II.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    That Thing You Do!

It wasn't really funny, there wasn't any action, and most of the drama occurred during the last 15 minutes. Yet, somehow, I still enjoyed it. How does That Thing You Do! do it?

5/10
    Steve Zahn, Tom Hanks and Tom Everett Scott.... never seen a movie with any of them that I didn't like. Toss in some catchy songs and you have one of my all time favorite movies.

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Steve Zahn, Tom Hanks and Tom Everett Scott.... never seen a movie with any of them that I didn't like. Toss in some catchy songs and you have one of my all time favorite movies.
    What about Tom Everett Scott in American Werewolf in Paris? That was pretty bad

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The first two Halloween's are both well done. After that the suckiness kicks in. Although Part III's story combined having nothing to do with Michael Myers makes it campy fun.

I didn't care for Rob Zombie's remake so I have no plans to see the new Halloween II.

I hated the 2nd Halloween....I just kept thinking "Where are all the hospital workers? I've never seen a hospital this empty..." I loved the first one though. Especially for the time that it came out.

The best part about III was the Silver Shamrock song. You could drive your friends crazy singing "Five more day till Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.." over and over

Turn Off Ads?