Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

W.

I would say the characters were more caricature than imitations. To wit, Condy Rice reminded me of Roddy McDowell's partner in Planet of the Apes. The deep voice falsetto of the Colin Powell character was laughable. However, Bush Sr. was the worst of all, not even believable, even as a caricature.

Positives were Dreyfuss did a good job on Cheney, as did Brolin of Bush, and Barbara lent some comic relief, although I have not seen her as she was portrayed.

As for the content, the obvious intent was to portray Bush as the buffoon that his opponents painted him to be during his presidency, which was accomplished. As this is heading into political territory, I will leave it at that and would appreciate that others do not take the political tangent here.
    Last edited by traderumor; 09-22-2009 at 09:53 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Do yourself a favor: don't watch the sequels. Just leave yourself with the image of Neo flying across the city. It's better that way.
    Yeah, I've heard that the sequels are pretty disappointing. That is upsetting considering the ending to the first movie and the potential of a franchise to be had.

I saw Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs last night in 3D.

AWESOME!

Just the right balance of "puns" with "okay we know that you know that we know this ridiculous scenes."

And it has Mr. T!
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I watched "Billy Jack" last night, for the first time in its uncut form. Anyone who feels nostalgic for the 70s will be less so after watching that one. So much overacting. So many unconvincing performances! So much overwrought melodrama!
    Simply terrible movie. But I did like this scene...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v325wdgoFH4
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

I watched Hostel 2 and The Mist last night. Was wanting something trashy and dumb, rare mood for me. Hostel 2 was just goofy, Eli Roth is basically just remaking 70's exploitation movies, not really adding anything.

The Mist was pretty good for what it is. It had one of the most brutal endings of a movie I've ever seen in my life. Different enough from the book to be worth watching I'd also say, if you've read the Stephen King book it's based on.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I watched Hostel 2 and The Mist last night. Was wanting something trashy and dumb, rare mood for me. Hostel 2 was just goofy, Eli Roth is basically just remaking 70's exploitation movies, not really adding anything.

The Mist was pretty good for what it is. It had one of the most brutal endings of a movie I've ever seen in my life. Different enough from the book to be worth watching I'd also say, if you've read the Stephen King book it's based on.
    I also recently saw The Mist and that ending was rough, I didn't expect it at all.

My father HATED the Mist but I liked it. It was maybe too cheesy/B-movie for my taste but that ending is worth watching even if afterward you absolutely hate it.

Finally saw The Hangover.

Good, funny movie. Not on par with Anchorman or the 40 Year-Old Virgin, but it did have some great scenes.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Just saw the XMen Origins: Wolverine movie, and I'm not sure how I immediately feel about it.

Decent action, but the plot/storyline seemed all over the place.

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Just got home from seeing Wizard of Oz in HD at the theater. I bought my ticket over a month ago - but I guess the demand was so great that they had two screens showing - both sold out. I'd admit that I was kind of worried about seeing it in HD (warts and all and not just on the Wicked Witch of the West) - but it held up extremely well. You just can't beat a good story, actors and production.
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 16-14
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Just got home from seeing Wizard of Oz in HD at the theater. I bought my ticket over a month ago - but I guess the demand was so great that they had two screens showing - both sold out. I'd admit that I was kind of worried about seeing it in HD (warts and all and not just on the Wicked Witch of the West) - but it held up extremely well. You just can't beat a good story, actors and production.

How many times are you going to see this one? :
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    How many times are you going to see this one? :
    Unfortunately, just once - last night was the only showing...
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 16-14
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Danza View Post
    Just watched the Matrix for the first time today. (Don't make fun of me!)
    Great film, probably the most original story I've seen since Star Wars or Lake Placid.
    There's a second one you should check out say around 2015 or so.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Saw The Informant last night. I really liked it. Quite funny.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I go a co-worker who has never seen Mel Brook's Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein. Taking copies to him to work tonight. I just find that hard to believe. I can maybe understand if he were of the younger generation, but he's not.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?