Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    The Astronaut Farmer is an "American Movie Classic"?
    By and large, movies on AMC are pretty decent. But by no means are they all classics.

I think the channel used to be all "classics" with no commercials, but that went by the wayside some time back.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

No Way Out with Gene Hackman and Kevin Costner was on really late last night on AMC. I had to go to bed eventually but what I saw of it was pretty good.

Zoinks!

Just got a copy of Trick 'R Treat. Michael Dougherty's directorial debut. Lots of great reviews and I am REALLY looking forward to watching but I won't have time to sit and watch it until Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer View Post
    No Way Out with Gene Hackman and Kevin Costner was on really late last night on AMC. I had to go to bed eventually but what I saw of it was pretty good.
    That's a pretty good thriller with a cool ending. If you missed the ending, you missed the movie.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    That's a pretty good thriller with a cool ending. If you missed the ending, you missed the movie.
    I agree that "No Way Out" was a good thriller, and I liked it, but I have never made up my mind if I liked the ending--I could say more but then I would ruin the film for the Baumer.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

batman begins..... best film ever?

debate!

They call me "chef"

That debate ends 1 minute 34 seconds into the Dark Knight when a masked clown thug turns to his partner and says "Funny, I was told the same thing" and shoots him in the back.

Also everyone knows the best movie ever is Equilibrium.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer View Post
    That debate ends 1 minute 34 seconds into the Dark Knight when a masked clown thug turns to his partner and says "Funny, I was told the same thing" and shoots him in the back.

Also everyone knows the best movie ever is Equilibrium.
    you just pulled out a scene from the dark knight.... im talking about batman begins!

but anyway, you and I both know that the best movie ever is The Royal Tenenbaums... i know you got my message.... why did you choke that day baumer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Danza View Post
    batman begins..... best film ever?

debate!
    I agree with The Baumer. Batman Begins is very good, but it isn't even the best *superhero* movie ever. Dark Knight wins.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I agree that "No Way Out" was a good thriller, and I liked it, but I have never made up my mind if I liked the ending--I could say more but then I would ruin the film for the Baumer.

Its rare the a movie ending is surprising to me, but that one completely blindsided me. I liked it.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I agree with The Baumer. Batman Begins is very good, but it isn't even the best *superhero* movie ever. Dark Knight wins.

Dark Knight isn't just the best superhero films of all time, but it's a great movie whatever the genre.

I saw "Zombieland" on Wednesday. Very funny. Woody Harrelson is great. I would give it 3 out of 5 stars, but the "guest star" is so awesome that I have to push it to 4 out of 5 stars.

Saw Zombieland with the wife, who stuck with it after the first few minutes of gore. We both liked it very much and encourage folks to go see it. Nice mix of gore, fright, action, humor, and romance in an 81 minute package.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

We saw Zombieland last night also. My wife hates zombie movies, but I convinced her to go to this one. We both thought it was great.

And the guest star is awesome.

I loved that Woody used a Ken Griffey Jr. line. When Eisenberg tells to him that he should limber up (rule #17). Woody says "I don't believe in it. You don’t ever see a lion stretching before he chases after a gazelle.”

I wonder if Jesse Eisenberg is only going to only do movies with "land" in the title. He's pretty much out Michael Cera'd Michael Cera in Adventureland and Zombieland.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 10-11-2009 at 11:11 AM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I watched Marley and Me last night, good movie but very sad.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?