Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Griffey bashing Cinn. a little?

Griffey bashing Cinn. a little?

I didn't take anything he said regarding the Reds and his time in the city of Cincinnati as being positive.I usually don't read into things all that much but I'd say he was bashing the Reds and the city.

http://cnati.com/cincinnati-reds/gri...ometown-00214/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Griffey bashing Cinn. a little?

Yea they were talking about it in the other thread and I have to agree I dont really appreciate that interview that much. He comes off as a big baby and C. Trent comes off as a jock sniffer or something along those lines. I really cant stand C. Trent. I have exchanged some emails with him and he is a certainly stuck up just from my experience with him.

I get tired of C. Trents constant bashing of Cincinnati fans and general non stop loving of everything of Dunn and Griffey. Those 2 do no wrong in his eyes. I think hes a bit star struck and I find it embarrassing for him.

Stat geek...and proud

I have no problem with it. He didn't say anything that isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    He didn't say anything that isn't true.
    I agree but he acts as if the fans should just shut up and deal with 8 straight loosing seasons with Griffey and Dunn as the team leaders.He basically says it wasn't his fault at all but fails to mention that he never lived up to the numbers he put up in Seattle.

I'm still a big Griffey fan but the guy has always taken things too personally and lashes out whenever he receives any kind of criticism.He is still obviously bitter about things that have been said about him while in Cincinnati.So much so that he even enjoys pointing out the Reds failures this year and almost sounds as if he is rooting against them.

They stunk with Griffey, they stink without Griffey. He doesn't miss Cincy, and I don't particularly miss him either. So everyone's fine.

He said a lot of things that I felt were pushed by CTR but I certainly get the feeling Griffey is way too sensitive. That interview reminded me of how people felt after Griffey trashed Seattle when he wanted to be traded. He comes off as a little bit salty and insecure almost.

I live in Louisville, so hey, no beef with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    I agree but he acts as if the fans should just shut up and deal with 8 straight loosing seasons with Griffey and Dunn as the team leaders.He basically says it wasn't his fault at all but fails to mention that he never lived up to the numbers he put up in Seattle.

I'm still a big Griffey fan but the guy has always taken things too personally and lashes out whenever he receives any kind of criticism.He is still obviously bitter about things that have been said about him while in Cincinnati.So much so that he even enjoys pointing out the Reds failures this year and almost sounds as if he is rooting against them.
    He isn't the most media savvy guy by any means, thats for sure. It would have been nice to see him take the Dunn route and only say good things, but then again Dunn wasn't being interviewed by C.Trent, and probably wasn't being honest.

It all still comes down to terrible baseball ineptitude from up top, this season and a many previous ones have not been the fault of the players and the managers. Basically the teams have finished where they should have or a little above where they should have...yet our players and our managers take the brunt of the hit while management convinces us that we are one player away, only for the next season our main guys who are performing get the brunt of the criticism again, simply for being stuck on an undermanned team.

Honestly, I love Griffey, but he is sensitive. That being said, if I was Ken Griffey Jr. I would absolutely hate Cincinnati.

I can't disagree with anything he said in the interview, but he also can't expect fans to be happy about how long this team has been losing. The main thing I agree with is how he deferred money to try to help bring players in, and they did nothing in an attempt to put anything around him. His time here was a disappointment, there is no doubt about that, but I don't disagree with anything he said.

Also, how is being upset with a team that didn't finish over .500 for that many years the same as expecting the big red machine?

Agreed.

The "kid" nickname still holds true.

Quote Originally Posted by GBC Red View Post
    Honestly, I love Griffey, but he is sensitive. That being said, if I was Ken Griffey Jr. I would absolutely hate Cincinnati.
    I agree with you. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually does.

He was truthful and honest and people who don't like him will just keep criticizing him. I have no problem with what he said. It's funny how people want athletes to be less robotic and more like people and then the moment they give an honest answer people jump all over them. What he had to say was truthful and responsive to the questions asked, but if you hate griffey and blame he and Dunn and Larkin for the losing I see how you could get your little feelings hurt.

C'mon guys, Cincy fans should have been happy to have sub .500 squads, good times. Griffey was all fire and hustle, he played the game the right way, who cares if he watched those near homeruns hit off the wall, he almost made it to second on all of those. Another thing, it wasn't his fault his swing slowed down. We all know he throws a mean cutthroat gesture and Cowboy should be happy that it was directed at him. Griffey, you can do no wrong, isn't that the way you see it?

Turn Off Ads?