Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Monday Aug 31 Minor League Updates

Re: Monday Aug 31 Minor League Updates

What did you see in Nix before the season started that made you think he deserved an opportunity? I would like to see Dorn get the opportunity to show what he can do. He has plenty of pop and probably plays similar defense as what we have seen to date in LF.

Thanks for all the updates Goya.

Bum

2. Turn Off Ads?

What I like about all of Nix's record and what he's done this year is his percentage of extra base hits. Some have called him an outs-machine but he's also an extra-base hits machine.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    What I like about all of Nix's record and what he's done this year is his percentage of extra base hits. Some have called him an outs-machine but he's also an extra-base hits machine.
    Votto and Gomes are the only ones with a higher SLG. But he is an out-machine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Excellent numbers. I may be underestimating him. But, he's also spent a lot of the time on the bench -- and I guess he's been hurt, too, which has become something of a pattern with him, going back to his college days. Couple red flags there -- his platoon status in AAA and questionable health.
    Have you seen the numbers the OF at Louisville has put up this season? McDonald, Gomes, Stubbs, Hopper, Bankston, Heisey? Playing on a team with too many players deserving of playing time cannot be held against Dorn. They even tried him at 1B to get him in the lineup. As far as being hurt, yes, he has a hip bruise. It hasn't kept him out long. But he wasn't put on the DL.

Have you seen the numbers the OF at Louisville has put up this season? McDonald, Gomes, Stubbs, Hopper, Bankston, Heisey? Playing on a team with too many players deserving of playing time cannot be held against Dorn. They even tried him at 1B to get him in the lineup. As far as being hurt, yes, he has a hip bruise. It hasn't kept him out long. But he wasn't put on the DL.
    The true prospects play every day -- Stubbs and Heisey haven't sat like the other guys. Tells me Dorn is not seen as a legit prospect (which I've been saying for a while now). Maybe a LH bat off the bench, but not a regular or platoon regular. I could be wrong, we'll see.

Turn Off Ads?