1B- Alonso
    2B- Phillips
    3B- Rolen
    SS- Hardy
    LF- Votto
    CF- Stubbs
    RF- Bruce

lineup
    1) Stubbs ( speed and power needs to cut down on the K's)
    2) Phillips ( you know what your getting out of Phillips 270 20 75)
    3) Votto ( typical #3 in my opinion avg. power and run producer)
    4) Rolen (300 hitter with decent power and run producing)
    5) Bruce (massive power)
    6) Alonso (not sure yet but should be a good)
    7) Hardy (hes not as bad as this years numbers)
    8) Hannigan (solid back stop if he hits 240 he will do well)

rotation
    1) Harang
    2) Arroyo
    3) Cueto
    4) Bailey
    5) I feel Walt will get a FA to fill a rotation spot

BP
    CL- Cordero
    R- Masset
    L- Rhodes
    L- D R Herra
    R- Owings
    R- Fischer
    R- Burton

Bench
    Janish
    Gomes
    Tatum
    Sutton
    Dickerson

Thats a darn good 25 man roster considering

Re: What the 2010 starting lineup should look like

id take corky on the bench over tatum

yeah...either or I guess. Isnt a nig drop off or gain either way. But the more I think about it Id probably rather have Corky also.

I'd rather keep Hernandez for 2 million than have either Tatum or Corky. The rest I'm liking, and we shouldn't forget about Owings and Lehr, who could be suitable #5's. And the only reason I'm not trying to add a bigger name pitcher is money.

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    C- Hannigan
    1B- Alonso
    2B- Phillips
    3B- Rolen
    SS- Hardy
    LF- Votto
    CF- Stubbs
    RF- Bruce

lineup
    1) Stubbs ( speed and power needs to cut down on the K's)
    2) Phillips ( you know what your getting out of Phillips 270 20 75)
    3) Votto ( typical #3 in my opinion avg. power and run producer)
    4) Rolen (300 hitter with decent power and run producing)
    5) Bruce (massive power)
    6) Alonso (not sure yet but should be a good)
    7) Hardy (hes not as bad as this years numbers)
    8) Hannigan (solid back stop if he hits 240 he will do well)

rotation
    1) Harang
    2) Arroyo
    3) Cueto
    4) Bailey
    5) I feel Walt will get a FA to fill a rotation spot

BP
    CL- Cordero
    R- Masset
    L- Rhodes
    L- D R Herra
    R- Owings
    R- Fischer
    R- Burton

Bench
    Janish
    Gomes
    Tatum
    Sutton
    Dickerson

Thats a darn good 25 man roster considering
    That will score a lot of runs. Leave them in and quit tinkering with the lineup, Dusty. You're not no stinkin' genius!

I would question very strongly whether Alonso would be ready for the big leagues come opening day.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

It will be a very interesting off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It will be a very interesting off-season.
    ehhh.. i dont think so. i dont see any major signings, and when the season is up we'll hear the injury excuse that has been already used by dusty. FO might take an ad out in the papers telling fans/season ticket holders to please stick with the team yadda yadda yadda. i expect the starting lineup to be similar to what it was this year.

Resident PED Expert

I would expect the team to stick with what it has over the offseason. If the team is out of it again around July 1st, I expect a firesale of all large contracts and a massive AAA infusion of talent. At the end of the year Walt steps down, Bavasi in and Dusty out and Sweet in...

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    I would expect the team to stick with what it has over the offseason. If the team is out of it again around July 1st, I expect a firesale of all large contracts and a massive AAA infusion of talent. At the end of the year Walt steps down, Bavasi in and Dusty out and Sweet in...
    He's already flopped HORRIBLY once in Seattle why in the blue... yonder would we willing give him another chance to show he isnt a gm... oh wait.

That scenario scares me more than even Duhhhsty gets a contract extension we need NEW ideas not the same old plan we have right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    That scenario scares me more than even Duhhhsty gets a contract extension we need NEW ideas not the same old plan we have right now.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    No!!!!! not Bavasi. I'd rather stick with Dusty Baker than to have Bavasi come anywhere near the REDS' franchise.

You obviously didn't witness him totally destroy single-handedly the Mariners' franchise. I did. Bill Bavasi couldn't run a grade-school athletic department.

If the REDS hired Bill Bavasi, say goodbye to all the work that O'Brien, Krivsky, and Walt put into building up the REDS' Minor League system, (though Walt gets very little credit, at most 10%).

Bill Bavasi= DEATH of an Organization

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    ehhh.. i dont think so. i dont see any major signings, and when the season is up we'll hear the injury excuse that has been already used by dusty. FO might take an ad out in the papers telling fans/season ticket holders to please stick with the team yadda yadda yadda. i expect the starting lineup to be similar to what it was this year.
    Less than 2000 people showed up for a Day Game in the Summertime. That will make things happen. Jockety's being looked like a buffoon right now in the papers and in public. That Hal McCoy piece was dead on and will probably help to stimulate the wheels moving in a forward direction.

But, I see what you're saying. I know when I said, "it will be an interesting off-season", that I shouldn't have used the word "interesting". I didn't mean movement, as I agree with you that there won't be a lot.

I don't know what I should have used, but I'm very interested to see what happens at Shortstop, and what happens in Spring Training at 1st Base, and what happens with Arroyo and Harang, and what happens in Spring Training with Heisey. We have way too much talent at 1B and the Outfield and too little at SS, Starting Pitching, and 3rd Base (Rolen is not talented any more....will bet anyone a pizza that he can't OPS .775 next season, yet Dusty will have him batting ahead of at least two players with higher OPS' next year).

Bavasi is the VP of Scouting, Player Dev. and International Ops already.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Bavasi is the VP of Scouting, Player Dev. and International Ops already.
    Are you kidding me?

Oh, God, NO!!!!!

Now I know why Zach Stewart and Josh Roenicke were traded. None of it made any sense until now.

I'm guessing he got hired on by the REDS over the last 16 months. No way would Krivsky hire this knucklehead.

Turn Off Ads?