10. (99) Steve Breaston WR
    11. (102) Willie Parker RB
    12. (119) Derrick Mason WR
    13. (122) Justin Fargas RB
    14. (139) Isaac Bruce WR
    15. (142) Joe Nedney K
    16. (159) Justin Gage WR
    17. (162) Washington DEF

Thoughts? Weaknesses? Going to do a bit of searching and probably change defenses 5 times during the season (I usually do).
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thoughts?

Wow, I like it. A lot. Good job.

I usually don't like the depth of rb's to be that thin. You got good value with Willie Parker in the 11th but that depth still seems a little risky to me.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    I usually don't like the depth of rb's to be that thin. You got good value with Willie Parker in the 11th but that depth still seems a little risky to me.
    I'm hoping that Knowshon Moreno becomes the latest in a line of Terrell Davis, Olandis Gary, etc. Willie Parker was lottery pick for me, if he stays healthy then he will be a strong #2.

10 team league for those wandering.

Fargas will probably be first guy I cut, sort of a homer pick, with Bush (whos a FA in the league) and Run DMC he probably isnt long for much value this year. Going to watch the waiver wire and see who starts off fast. Just missed on Ray Rice in Rd 13.

Its also: 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 r/w, 1 te, 1 k, 1 def
    Last edited by Slyder; 09-03-2009 at 03:40 PM.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

no back up QB?

Here's something I saw earlier on Turner:
    ... there were just seven games last season in which he averaged 4.0 yards per carry or better. Five of the teams he did that against -- Detroit, Green Bay, Kansas City, Oakland and St. Louis -- aren't on the Falcons' 2009 schedule. Each of those five teams finished 26th or worse in terms of rushing yardage allowed per game. That leads me to wonder whether Turner's remarkable 2008 was less talent and more schedule.
    Whether Turner can repeat his '08 is a smaller question mark than the other 3 rbs you have but that goes back to how strong your rb depth is. While you have 4 rbs (not counting Fargas) you have 8 wrs. And you have a flex position as an option where you can put either a rb or a wr. I would always put a rb in that spot if possible to have 3 rbs and 3 wrs starting. So I'd look to deal 1-2 wr's for a good rb, to improve your rb depth and balance things out, and then see what qbs are available as backups.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs212 View Post
    no back up QB?
    Vs the AFC West Rivers shouldnt face any real bad matchups. I'll wait and see how the likes of Flacco, Russell/Garcia, Leftwich, etc do then if needed sign one.

William Arthur Ward

Top 5 remaining RBs:
    Ricky Williams
    Laurence Maloney
    Earnest Graham
    Kevin Faulk
    Correll Buckhalter

Top 5 WR:
    Johnnie Lee Higgins
    Antwaan Randle El
    Bryant Johnson
    and a bunch of N/A or guys who had less impact than most 3rd wrs on contenders.

Top 5 QB:
    David Gerrard
    Kyle Orton
    Joe Flacco
    Chad Penny and the Fish
    Mark Bulger

William Arthur Ward

Trade wr(s) for rb. Keep an eye on available qbs, injuries, drops, waiver wire hot starts.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Trade wr(s) for rb.
    IMO that all depends if the league has points per reception especially considering that you are going to be starting 3 WR.

Got my first offer. Donald Driver for Kevin Smith.

Offense League Value
    Passing Yards 50 yards per point
    Passing Touchdowns 6
    Interceptions -2
    Rushing Yards 20 yards per point
    Rushing Touchdowns 6
    Reception Yards 20 yards per point
    Reception Touchdowns 6
    Return Touchdowns 6
    2-Point Conversions 2
    Fumbles Lost -2
    Offensive Fumble Return TD 6

William Arthur Ward

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I think you have a lot of depth at WR and not enough at RB. I would package a WR (Ownes, who will be worse than last year) and a RB for a better RB. Then use the extra roster spot to pick up Garrard, Flacco or Orton.

Turn Off Ads?