Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 9/5/09 - Reds vs. Braves

Re: 9/5/09 - Reds vs. Braves

CoCo with a big K. Reds continue their march to .500
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Reds win again!!??? I've been flipping back and forth between the football and this game all night. WOW. Nice job guys!!

And even better....Jim Day just pulled Joey aside for the post game interview! That may be my favorite part of the night, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Reds playing a good brand of baseball. Good pitching, solid D, and timely hitting. Nice to be able to watch this than what we were seeing a few weeks ago.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Just once I'd like to see Joey be a little more relaxed during a post game interview but I think the fact that he takes this game and his job so seriously is what makes him so great. That was a nice post game interview and it was great to hear him give props to his teammates instead of saying much about his HR. He's such a good guy and I really hope he's a Red for a LONG time.

Time to head back to the football. Great job Reds!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

On a day when you couldn't pick up a paper without it being full of football, the Reds continue their impressive streak. Today, in Hampton, GA, all the talk was about SEC football and there was not only a Braves game, but also a NASCAR race going on both days. I could care less about football, so it tickles me that the Reds are making things interesting late in the season. It's like we traded in the old 78 Pinto for an 05 Mustang. The old one was pitiful, but ownership kept trying to get it to run. When the Pinto breaks down, a move has to be made and everyone is surprised at the result.

Look at the positive changes:

SS - Janish for Gonzalez - Janish hits marginally better, but his fielding is superior
    3B - Rolen for Ecarnacion - All the differene in the world. Kudos to Jocketty
    LF - Hariston for Gomes/Nix/Balentein - What did they see in Hariston?
    CF - Stubbs for Taveras - Stubbs hits better and is a gazelle in the field.

Just a very pleasant change. And one that's working. Better late than never I guess. We just might life miserable for the leaders the rest of the way.

P.S. What's up with Kip Wells. Three starts and 17 innings later, he's given up 5 runs for an ERA of 3.18. Really makes Owings look like chopped liver as a 5th starter.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    On a day when you couldn't pick up a paper without it being full of football, the Reds continue their impressive streak. Today, in Hampton, GA, all the talk was about SEC football and there was not only a Braves game, but also a NASCAR race going on both days. I could care less about football, so it tickles me that the Reds are making things interesting late in the season. It's like we traded in the old 78 Pinto for an 05 Mustang. The old one was pitiful, but ownership kept trying to get it to run. When the Pinto breaks down, a move has to be made and everyone is surprised at the result.

Look at the positive changes:

SS - Janish for Gonzalez - Janish hits marginally better, but his fielding is superior
    3B - Rolen for Ecarnacion - All the differene in the world. Kudos to Jocketty
    LF - Hariston for Gomes/Nix/Balentein - What did they see in Hariston?
    CF - Stubbs for Taveras - Stubbs hits better and is a gazelle in the field.

Just a very pleasant change. And one that's working. Better late than never I guess. We just might life miserable for the leaders the rest of the way.

P.S. What's up with Kip Wells. Three starts and 17 innings later, he's given up 5 runs for an ERA of 3.18. Really makes Owings look like chopped liver as a 5th starter.
    Having a solid defense does funny things to a pitcher...First Lehr, now Wells; I'd have never given this team a chance with those two pitching, but both of them are pitching aggressively and trusting their defense. Baseball is one crazy game, you never know what can happen. The Braves better bring their bats tomorrow if they want to avoid a sweep...Cueto is looking more like his earlier self after his short break. On our side, we'll get Tim Hudson...fortunately for us it's only his second start of the season and he gave up 6 hits in 5 innings the first time out. I think he's on a pitch count, so hopefully the Reds will work a few deep counts and get into the bullpen early.
    GO REDS!! ...or whoever these guys are.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed View Post
    That is his biggest fault with me, he seems unable to allow good things to keep going if they don't fall into some pattern he likes. teh dust makes too many moves sometimes that seem to have no reason behind them, taking out a pitcher who is rolling, not playing matchups, just weird stuff every once in a while.
    I'd suggest that the one place Baker has done an admirable job is handling the bullpen.

The strength of the team all year, Baker has put the right people in at the right time and gotten good results from everyone.

I believe the Reds haven't lost with a 9th inning lead for over 80 games going back to last year. The continue to be the majors only team to accomplish that feat this year.

I think that some posters are more guilty of overthinking this one than Baker.

Turn Off Ads?