Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you? Would you? Fantasy camp

High five!

Have you? Would you? Fantasy camp

I thought recalled reading a post from someone here who had gone to Reds fantasy camp. Has anyone ever gone? Would you go?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Have you? Would you? Fantasy camp

Too rich for my blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I went for my 40th birthday, 5 years ago. It was the best time I have ever had and I would go again if I had the money. Playing baseball all day and hanging with ex-Reds, many of them from the Big Red Machine was really fun.
    Where we gonna go?

I think I'd really like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I want to go badly....however it will have to wait till the kids have flown. Just hope I can still walk by then!
    Let's play two!!!

Went on my 40th birthday. Wonderful time. Highly recommend it.

High five!

There's a 40th birthday theme that I seem to have missed out on!

What did they do for umpires there?? Did they pay locals to do the games??

Since I really haven't played baseball in 22 years but would love to part of any Reds pasts event, I always wondered if they would let me come down and let me umpire the games if even for free.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Locals, I believe, George. You should inquire about that.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    What did they do for umpires there?? Did they pay locals to do the games??

Since I really haven't played baseball in 22 years but would love to part of any Reds pasts event, I always wondered if they would let me come down and let me umpire the games if even for free.
    They were minor league and college umps. Its about a week before spring training so they use it to tune up. They were really nice guys.
    Where we gonna go?

Sorry, I can't resist...

"Kramer goes to a fantasy camp. His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down two-thousand dollars to live like him for a week. Do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating; that's a fantasy camp."

I'm still in my late 20's, but I'd still love to go. I don't know that I'd drop down much money to do so, though.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

When my son saw the physical specimen that is: Corky Miller come to the plate the other night--he commented that he looked like they had called him up from Reds Fantasy Camp.

There are some "Corky's" but there are also some guys that come to kick everyone's tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Too rich for my blood.
    Same here. I would love to but I could never afford. I was watching a Reds pre game and they did a story about these guys that go to this. One of them had done a 2nd mortgage on his house to afford. I think that is going to extreme and I would never put myself in that kind of debt for something like this.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Same here. I would love to but I could never afford. I was watching a Reds pre game and they did a story about these guys that go to this. One of them had done a 2nd mortgage on his house to afford. I think that is going to extreme and I would never put myself in that kind of debt for something like this.
    Yeah, I would never go that far.

A slight twist on the original question, would you plan and save to go to fantasy camp?

Turn Off Ads?