Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Do you like Lance Mcalister or is he annoying

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I like him.

39 65.00%
  • No, I think he is a homer and or a schill.

21 35.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lance Mcalister

Lance Mcalister

Do you like him or do you find him annoying?
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lance Mcalister

He has his moments both good and bad. Certain mannerisms get me annoyed but overall I think he does his job pretty well.

RWH85

What choice do we have he's the only full time person we have talking local Cincinnati Sports currently! Way too much national crap!

He's alrgiht, much better then mo agger

Drama Queen

Quote Originally Posted by morande View Post
    He's alrgiht, much better then mo agger
    I dont know who Mo Agger is but id have to say Mo Egger beats Lance hands down.

i hate McAlister's, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE WINNING crap,especially when the Reds and/or the Bengals are hopeless out of it. He sounds like a sucker holding onto false hope for no aparent reason.

I think he loves to hear himself too much. His intros to the show are ponderous. That notwithstanding, he is about the only local we hear anymore. Whoever owns the radio stations now gets an "F-". (On the weekend, I think Doc gets an "A". His Baseball cred' is rock solid; player, coach, Minor League big shot, Asst. GM........

The thing that I do not like about Lance McAlister is, and this goes for all the Cincy talk show guys except Doc Rodgers, and that is he is way too condescending.

Lance all the time asks for different opinions and then we you give him one, he ridicules you for disagreeing with him.

The reason he is successful is he remembers the two basic rules of Cincinnati Sports Talk. 1. You do not say anything bad about Pete Rose. 2. You don't say anything good about Mike Brown, Dusty Baker or Marvin Lewis.

All I really have to say is, I miss the two angry guys. That was my favorite talk show by far. Lance is decent, but not great.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I like him, but he is admittedly a Homer/Schill
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I miss Andy Furman and P-Doc on Sports Talk and Tracy Jones on Extra Innings

Their respective shows have been lame ever since they left

I think he is terrible. He makes all kinds of excuses for the Reds, but then tries to be hard on the Bengals. Both have been bad and neither deserve excuses. All 1530 does is hire terrible radio people. I wish Cincinnati could have some good sports talk radio talent like we have good announcers on the radio.

We should start a movement to protest the lack of LOCAL commentary. The National shows don't even recognize Cincinnati as a Sports town. We have a College Football team (Bearcats), a Basketball team (X), that are due some serious talk, not to mention a MLB team on the rise.

I like Lance's show. I enjoyed him when he was on Homer and now WLW. He has great passion for what he does and great passion for the local teams. I also enjoy how he brings themes and sports together. Like when he took the body and which Cincinnati athlete had best foot, legs, arm, hands, etc. I find those kind of shows very interesting.

Turn Off Ads?