Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Todd Frazier struggling?

Todd Frazier struggling?

It's still somewhat early in the season for all intents and purposes, but anyone know why Frazier has been struggling? His power looks to be down, he's striking out a lot and he's just not getting on base as much as he typically does.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Todd Frazier struggling?

It could just be that he was always better than the league he was in. Maybe he is finally being really challenged. This might not be a bad thing for him. I imagine he'll adjust and when he does he'll dominate and move up again.

He was struggling something awful not sure why but he did the same thing at High A last season. But as of late he seems to be hitting and real recently has started to pick up his power. I'll take a wait and see approach on him for the time being.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Frazier has quietly improved a lot. HR total is fairly low, but he's been blasting some doubles. I wonder how long before they put him in Louisville? Maybe July (if he keeps playing well)?

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Frazier has quietly improved a lot. HR total is fairly low, but he's been blasting some doubles. I wonder how long before they put him in Louisville? Maybe July (if he keeps playing well)?
    Say he gets moved to AAA in July and tears the league up. When does he get the MLB call up?

Spring of 2010

Frazier's batting average is now over .300. He hasn't struck out too many times either. Only 2 errors on the season.

If he continues to do what he is now, I would think he's Louisville bound within the next 6 weeks.

Doesn't Frazier lead the league in doubles? I imagine the HRs will come in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    Doesn't Frazier lead the league in doubles? I imagine the HRs will come in due course.
    No doubt. They always say that about minor leaguers like him.

Heck, I think they were saying the same thing about Joey before he was called up.

Frazier has me convinced that he will hit at the major league level. He now has a steady position in LF. it's just a matter of time.

Frazier has really turned it up the last couple of weeks.

I still think he's the the 2nd or 3rd best prospect in the organization.

Senor Votto

I wish Frazier was still at 3rd base. Now if they keep in in left field they'll either have to trade Votto, Alonso, or Frazier at some point. Alonso is basically stuck at 1st base while Votto can play either 1st or left. Frazier can probably play almost any position outside of catcher, shortstop, or centerfield. (I'm not sure about his speed). If you move Frazier back to 3rd base then when him and Alonso are in the majors you can have Alonso at 1st, Frazier at 3rd, and Votto in left.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I wish Frazier was still at 3rd base. Now if they keep in in left field they'll either have to trade Votto, Alonso, or Frazier at some point. Alonso is basically stuck at 1st base while Votto can play either 1st or left. Frazier can probably play almost any position outside of catcher, shortstop, or centerfield. (I'm not sure about his speed). If you move Frazier back to 3rd base then when him and Alonso are in the majors you can have Alonso at 1st, Frazier at 3rd, and Votto in left.
    it's definitely not too late to move him back to 3B and it's still a realistic possibility he ends up there.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    it's definitely not too late to move him back to 3B and it's still a realistic possibility he ends up there.
    Yeah the problem is that Fransisco is blocking him from playing 3rd base right now. Once one of them is promoted then he can move back to 3rd base. Right now 3rd base is a weak spot for the Reds (I think it may continue to be so even when Edwin is back). So moving Frazier back to 3rd base is pretty logical since he has a good bat that can most likely replace Edwin's production and then some. I don't know anything about his defense at 3rd base though.

I think Fraizer's move to LF was to give him some versatility... not permanently removing him from 3B. Remember that Votto got time in LF in the minors as well.

I think if we brought him up to AAA today, he's be starting at 3B.

I hope hes our 3bman of the future

Turn Off Ads?