Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 9-9 rockies reds

Re: 9-9 rockies reds

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I'll take Bronson getting a ND over him taking a loss tonight. Please get that run in from third base!!
    Now lets get Barker in and get him the win.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Drew takes a walk and I totally agree that there's a lot of fight in this club.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Stubbs making very impressive adjustments. Even during his hot streak he was succeptible to that low outside breaking ball. Layed off it 4 times that AB
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Drew takes a walk and I totally agree that there's a lot of fight in this club.
    Rule number one about Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Rule number two.....
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    He also had 9 wins in the 1st half of the season when he shouldn't have had that many. It all evens out for Mr 2nd Half.
    believe it or not, he only had 2 wins in games that weren't quality starts in the 1st half.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

COME ON JOEY. Remember when you hit the towering HR off Beimel back in August that sent that game to extra innings. You can hit this guy!

/end long distance pep talk to Joey
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Rule number one about Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Rule number two.....
    Whoops. My bad and I'm curious about Rule #2.....

Love his D but no way we can open 2010 with Janish at SS.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Joey's head may explode if he doesn't do something good here. He is reallyyyy pressing.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Or he may just walk and let the guys behind him do something. Thanks for not striking out Joey!

LOL @ VR but you're right. He's been the go to guy for most of the year and it's definitely bothering him when he doesn't do something at the plate. Be patient Joey....the Cubs just can't wait to see you!

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    believe it or not, he only had 2 wins in games that weren't quality starts in the 1st half.
    I'm just sayin'. He didn't "deserve" THAT many wins in the 1st half just like he deserves more wins in the 2nd half. Thus it evens out.

Rats. This game will probably still be going when I have to head to bed tonight. The last time this happened the Reds won both games though so hopefully that happens again.

Btw, Jeter tied Gehrig tonight for people that care.

First K for Phillips in his last 36 Ab's. Big one though as he leaves three.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Nice to see Ryan Hanigan back behind the plate.

Turn Off Ads?