Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Cincinnati Reds All-Time Nine: The Best Single Season Performances in Reds History

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cincinnati Reds All-Time Nine: The Best Single Season Performances in Reds History

MLB.com has a neat little thing going on with all 30 teams, asking fans to pick "the best single-season hitting performances, by position, in [team] history."

Here's the link to vote: http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/fan_f...x.jsp?c_id=cin

and here's my top nine single-season hitting performances for the Reds, by position:

1B: Ted Kluszewski, 1954
    2B: Joe Morgan, 1976
    SS: Barry Larkin, 1996
    3B: Tony Perez, 1970
    C: Johnny Bench, 1970
    OF: George Foster, 1977
    OF: Eric Davis, 1987
    OF: Frank Robinson, 1962

I was a bit puzzled with the inclusion of pitchers, but hey, what the heck. I voted for good ol' Red Lucas' performance at the plate in 1930. Can't complain too much about a pitcher hitting .336 with two homers and 19 RBIs.
    Last edited by GoGoWhiteSox; 09-10-2009 at 02:31 AM.

Turn Off Ads?