Thread: Reds announce 2010 schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Reds announce 2010 schedule

It hasn't happened since 2005, but I finally got my wish. A weekend series at Houston during the summer.

Opening Day falls on spring break for my son. Would love to get him there for Opening Day!

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

There are some parts of that schedule that are totally brutal by a travel standpoint and an opponent standpoint. Do we play the Dodgers like nine times next year?! Wow. That Cubs-Mets-Phillies road trip that happens right before the All Star break could be brutal or not too bad depending on how those teams look next year. The late season west coast road trip is pretty brutal too. I'm bummed that the Reds don't get to play the Angels at all this year. That's the only chance I get to see the Angels! There seem to be a lot of good series overall at home though so I'm looking forward to seeing the guys play next season. Let's hope they can survive what seems like a very heavy spring schedule.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Mid-April here in Miami. Won't be too hot.
    It's after Spring Break. Four games this time. Sounds OK.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

DC first weekend in June. Glad its a weekend, so I can try to get to a game.

I wish they were here more instead of the stupid interleague games, but my rants against interleague fall on the deaf ears of Bud Selig. If they are insisting on interleague, why do the Reds have to play Cleveland year after year.
    Where we gonna go?

Opening Day falls on this guy's (<---) birthday. Might have to make the trip.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    DC first weekend in June. Glad its a weekend, so I can try to get to a game.

I wish they were here more instead of the stupid interleague games, but my rants against interleague fall on the deaf ears of Bud Selig. If they are insisting on interleague, why do the Reds have to play Cleveland year after year.
    Glad they are coming to DC on a weekend too. The Reds still have never played at Baltimore since inter league play started.
    Also have three west coast trips. One trip in June to Seattle and Oakland,next trip in August to LA,SF and Arizona;last trip to SD in September.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    It hasn't happened since 2005, but I finally got my wish. A weekend series at Houston during the summer.
    I'll be there as well. :O)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Glad they are coming to DC on a weekend too. The Reds still have never played at Baltimore since inter league play started.
    Also have three west coast trips. One trip in June to Seattle and Oakland,next trip in August to LA,SF and Arizona;last trip to SD in September.
    Next year the Reds face the AL East again and hopefully this time they get to play the O's in Camden Yards. They didn't play the O's at all during the last AL East swing and the O's came to Cincy during the swing before that in 2005. It BETTER work out for the Reds to head to Baltimore in 2011 and if it does I'll be there for sure.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Next year the Reds face the AL East again and hopefully this time they get to play the O's in Camden Yards. They didn't play the O's at all during the last AL East swing and the O's came to Cincy during the swing before that in 2005. It BETTER work out for the Reds to head to Baltimore in 2011 and if it does I'll be there for sure.
    Camden is an absolutely beautiful park. We went there this June during our annual baseball bash and saw an O's/Braves game when heading to the DC/Baltimore area for the Reds/Nats series.

Speaking of the annual baseball bash, I'll have to look at the schedule and start identifying potential trips for 2010.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Camden is an absolutely beautiful park. We went there this June during our annual baseball bash and saw an O's/Braves game when heading to the DC/Baltimore area for the Reds/Nats series.

Speaking of the annual baseball bash, I'll have to look at the schedule and start identifying potential trips for 2010.
    I totally agree! I love Camden Yards. It's a gorgeous park and there really aren't any bad seats there. I saw an O's-Red Sox four game series there about two years ago and I loved the experience even though the O's lost three of the four games. :

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Just perfect. I have to deal with Cubs fan on my birthday....

The Reds only come to Wrigley twice for a total of 7 games? Am I reading that right?

The Reds went to Seattle in 2007 and are going back again next season? I was hoping they would come to Cincy so we would potentially see the return of Griffey, assuming he plays another year.

Turn Off Ads?