Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hef files for divorce

Hef files for divorce

If those two kids couldn't make it, what hope is there for the rest of us?

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/hugh-hefne...-wife/27547?nc
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hef files for divorce

So who gets Martin Landau in the settlement?
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    So who gets Martin Landau in the settlement?
    I'm not sure why, but that's hella funny.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    If those two kids couldn't make it, what hope is there for the rest of us?

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/hugh-hefne...-wife/27547?nc
    Separated 11 years, forgot that he was married to her.

Recipe for success!

Should be interesting to see how this works out. It would be nice to see what the prenup says. Of course the most interesting thing I took out of the article is that Hef, the media mogul that he is, is somehow "only" worth $43 million. I would have guessed about 10x that at least, but I guess the naked lady industry isn't what it was.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I bet lots of creative accounting is involved in reaching that relatively paltry sum.

Hell, the Playboy Mansion and grounds is probably worth that much alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Should be interesting to see how this works out. It would be nice to see what the prenup says. Of course the most interesting thing I took out of the article is that Hef, the media mogul that he is, is somehow "only" worth $43 million. I would have guessed about 10x that at least, but I guess the naked lady industry isn't what it was.
    I think the $43M was only in assets, which didn't include any of his stock options and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I think the $43M was only in assets, which didn't include any of his stock options and what not.

Yeah, pretty hard to put a value on the "what not".
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I think playboy and its stock price have been hit hard. I also heard somewhere that Hef may have to sell the mansion, I have no idea how credible that is. But I did read somewhere that Hef has had to cut down on the parties at the mansion because of financial concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I think playboy and its stock price have been hit hard. I also heard somewhere that Hef may have to sell the mansion, I have no idea how credible that is. But I did read somewhere that Hef has had to cut down on the parties at the mansion because of financial concerns.
    I read a while back that he was looking sell off part of his empire. It's just too easy to see naked women for free now as opposed to 50 years ago.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    It's my understanding that in the world of divorce law, all of that gets taken into account. While a stock option is merely an option to buy, it still has value and can be bought or sold.

My guess is that a lot of what we might consider "his" assets might actually be owned by Playboy Enterprises. It might be interesting to see if the Playboy Mansion is owned by Hef or Playboy Enterprises, which then "allows" Hef to live there as condition of his employment as Editor-in-Chief.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Senor Votto

My question is: Why would Hef want to get married when hes around all those women?

He was married?

Really?
    Last edited by Slyder; 09-12-2009 at 12:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    My question is: Why would Hef want to get married when hes around all those women?
    Maybe the women were the ones pressing marriage? Women due tend to want more stability in their lives then men. Of course, why any of them would want to marry a philander like Hef is beyond me. Unless it's all about the recognition and M-O-N-E-Y.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I think he got married b/c he has at least 1 child with this woman.

Turn Off Ads?