Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Free wedding ceremony locations?

Free wedding ceremony locations?

My fiancee and I are getting married December 19, and we're looking for some place small to have the ceremony at. It will be a small, private event with around 10 guests total, so there's no need to spend over a thousand dollars to rent a hall or sanctuary. Does anyone know of any place?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Free wedding ceremony locations?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    My fiancee and I are getting married December 19, and we're looking for some place small to have the ceremony at. It will be a small, private event with around 10 guests total, so there's no need to spend over a thousand dollars to rent a hall or sanctuary. Does anyone know of any place?
    Your nearest courthouse?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

December 19? Probably not a good idea to have it outside by the lake?

Quite a number of hotels have some meeting rooms suites that might fit the bill, although you may have to order their food. Likewise, some restaurants have side meeting rooms that would fit your bill. As for an officiant, there is the courthouse, as someone already mentioned, but there are some private JP's or independent ordained ministers. I know of two in our neighborhood.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

We already have an officiant, my best friend is an ordained minister, as am I, and the plan has always been that we would do each other's wedding. We have everything except for a location. We're not requiring a reception area, as there is a plan for a party to celebrate at a later date when the weather is likely nicer.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Well, if you were all skiers, I'd suggest calling your favorite ski areas to see if they would allow you and your wedding party to hold the ceremony on the slopes. Call some state parks in your area to see if they have lodges and/or enclosed pavilions you might be able to use. Seriously though, many courthouses have special rooms they use as a wedding chapel you might be able to use. You might have to get a judge's permission if you aren't using the judge as the officiant. One court around here has a small courtyard with a gazebo that they often use even in winter because it looks really nice when it snows.

The fallback is to do a google search on cheap wedding ideas if you haven't done so already.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?